Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blog

Blog

I jumped on the blog bandwagon. I am just getting started. Please feel free to critique. Thanks.

http://flyfishingforbrooktrout.blogspot.com/

Re: Blog

Terry,

You write a very good blog. Keep up thegood work.

Hi, Terry,

Enjoyed reading your Blog! But wasn't allowed to post a comment on there! Anyhow, I may get the video you mentioned; by Joe Humphrey's!

Thanks

Mostyn

Very nice, there can never be enough good fishing blogs.

Thanks guys. I believe you have to have a google account to comment. I might change that.

Nice Terry! I posted a comment and will add your blog to my blogroll.
    You might want to check out 'Wordpress'. Its a step up in my view for blog software and is still free--less limiting.

http://woodlandclearing.wordpress.com/

Parker James

Terry, looks great, I've been checking it out.

I would be careful about the comments settings, lots of spam, you will see. At a minimum, view comments before allowing them to post.

I think blogs are cool, that's how this site started out, my blog, grew from there...
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Nice. As someone who has also recently started writing, its awful hard to stay motivated to write - to feel inspired. The best advice I can give you (which truthfully has worked at times, and not at all at others), is to jot down your ideas - for me, whenever I have an idea that I want to write/expand on, I use my phone to start a "Draft" (unpublished blog), with the key points I want to cover. Then, when I am ready to really write, I have the starting point already there.

I'm not a blogger, and I don't think I'll ever want to be one. Do you feel a need to produce something on a regular basis? That would turn it into another job. Of course, some of us love our jobs.

I'm more interested in writing fiction than reporting in a blog about what's actually going on around me. Some short stories I've written in an hour and a half. Some I've been working on for years, and I hope someday to get them right. It's not "awful hard to stay motivated," because if I don't want to do it, I just don't. And when I want to do it, I'll spend the day at it.

I think about a story for a while before I start to write anything down, and I know the whole story before I start. The mechanics of it come easy then, and motivation to get the story into paragraphs is not a problem.

Ernest, you make good points. Part of it for me, is I wanted to write slightly more than fishing reports. I want to create, and yes, writing regularly is part of that drive. Not sure why, maybe I want to write a book someday, maybe I want to write about things I'm interested in, maybe I just want to force myself to write better, to learn in the process. But I do it really only for myself. I write what I want to say, share what I want to share.

I am sure Terry is doing it for the same reasons.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.