Thread: Sunday on a small stream

Sunday on a small stream

Yesterday was to be a club outing to Twin Lakes west of Bridgeport, Ca. The problem is we're having one heck of a time getting out of winter here on the eastern side of the Sierra; great snow pack though which means good fishing into the fall. The drive down to Bridgeport was a mixture of sun, hail, snow, sun, and more snow. Not enough to build up on the roads, but enough to make me think that Twin Lakes was not going to be very much fun in a float tube.

When I arrived about 9 am it was snowing lightly, the temperature was 28, and the wind was blowing. Only one other member of the club, High Sierra Fly Casters of Gardnerville, Nv, was in the parking lot. After a brief discussion we decided to head to a lower elevation and fish a small stream I was familiar with, hoping that the weather would be a bit better, and the steam wouldn't be blown out by runoff. As you can see from the picture, it was in pretty good shape.

We did get periods of light snow off and on throughout the day, but because of the location we didn't have to contend with the wind. The overcast and snow bought out the BWO's, and the fish were looking up. Sorry, no hero pictures of the fish, but it turned out to be a good day with several nice fish in the 10 to 12 inch range.

Re: Sunday on a small stream

Nice looking stream. Fishing on top during while its snowing sounds fun. Thanks

That is a beautiful looking stream. Reminds me of a spot in Montana.

Great looking water. I'm sitting here trying to figure out where it is, looks like a lovely place to spend a warm spring day. (Which like you mention, hopefully we will get at some point!)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.