Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few summer pics from the Conejos area of south-central CO

Re: A few summer pics from the Conejos area of south-central

thx jeepster.
    good point soupmix.

Thanks for that pleasant memory jolt . The first fishing I ever did in the USA was in that river , in1995. The first fish , a brown about 15 inches . Sadly I got there the day before an electrofishing survey. At least I got to see what was in the river as the electric fishers moved down past me , even though the conventional fishing was ruined for a few days

that's interesting. what part of the river where you on and what did you see?

Sorry it took me a while to get this figured out . I was below the Elk Creek junction ( which I did also fish one day ) at one of the Campgrounds in the SWA. First I knew was the hooting and shouting, then I saw the drift boat , an inflatable. As it got closer the odd fish rose stunned to the surface . Mostly the fish where about average but those guys reconned they had pulled out some 4 and 5 lb . This all happened a lomg time nad a hell of a lot of fishing time ago so I cant get all the details . The first fish from that river came from a place where the road virtually touched the stream and I couldnt see anything to suggest i shouldnt be there . This Posted land thing was a bit of a mystery to me then , as was the concept of paying to day park in a publically owned space at the camp ground .

Nice pics. Some of my old stomping grounds (I lived in Alamosa for 6 years); I miss the great fishing in that stream !!!! ;)

Used to archery hunt Deer and Elk up in that country (especially around Tobacco & Bear Lake) !!!!

cool. seems like more people are aware of/have fished this area than i would have thought.

The Conjeos was the subject of two magazine articles before 1995 . One in a leading glossy and the other if I recall correctly in a regional Fishing mag . Naturally the travell starved Kiwi focused in on them for his debut in the USA. Along with a little help from the Colorado Angling guidebook . Almost nothing is unknown or unpulicised now .

Nice photos! I love the clouds. Very relaxing view. Thanks for sharing!

Haven't been down that in a long time. May have to plan a trip soon. Nice pictures

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.