So, I can now live in San Diego. I had doubts because I need to have access to small streams with wild trout and NO PEOPLE.

I have found my El Dorado in San Diego County. I will call it Chipmunk Creek.

The fish are wild rainbows which are considered to be genetically pure strain of the first rainbow trout in North America, maybe the world. Also, they are thought to be descendants of the first steelhead. Pretty cool shit in my book!!

Stream is only accessed by a hike of at least 1-1.5 miles over very rough terrain with abundant blackberry brambles, huge old growth pines, and incredible old oaks. Right now the fish are at our mercy, summer should turn the tables and make it almost unfishable. I brought at least 13 beautiful little jewels to hand with at least another 20 long distance releases. I was blown away by the quality of the water, quantity of fish, and beauty of the whole experience. The best part, for me, was the total lack of human sign. Saw tracks of two other people, but virtually no trash. Total of 3 water bottles and 1 old aluminum trash can lid. Not bad for a stream not more than 45 minutes from more than 2 million people. No worm containers, power bait jars, or foam cups anywhere. :shock:

The hike is was tough, the hike OUT almost killed me. Last 1/4 mile was a climb with at least 500 foot elevation change :shaking2: . That's the best part, unless you are as whacked as I am you're not going to make that hike. Especially when there are several put-n-take lakes and ponds much closer.

Keith[attachment=2:12kmaki1]dad3.jpg[/attachment:12kmaki1][attachment=1:12kmaki1]dad5.jpg[/attachment:12kmaki1][attachment=0:12kmaki1]dad6.jpg[/attachment:12kmaki1]