Jerry: That must have been a great experience to associate with Tom back then. Yes, $1,400 is a little tough to choke down (why I don't own one--yet;-). But, I still think, SOMEONE has to have the "Best" and they might as well charge what they think they're worth... I'll just have to cast 'em when I visit next, and be happy with that :| .

Pete: Loomis used to roll the blanks in the design chosen by Tom, but I don't think Loomis (the company) does any more. Gary and Tom are good friends and I think Gary Loomis, the man, is who does Tom's blanks (since Tom doesn't have the physical ability to do it himself). I was talking with Sam Drukman a while back about it, and we were mostly discussing the changes in GLoomis, the company, and what Gary was up to. We never really nailed a whole lot down, and I never thought to ask Tom. I guess I don't really care... But, I'm curious...

An interesting lesson for me, by talking with Tom and Sam D., is the craftsmanship that goes in to putting a carbon-fiber rod together after the blanks are rolled. It really is quite similar to cutting blanks for bamboo rods--in the "commercial" rhelm of rod-making. It is all just so darn facinating!!!