Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch encounters

Re: Sasquatch encounters

cool, glad you like it mostyn. it was good to read other's experiences and opinions. great stuff, esp seeing the ghost of a red deer stag.

Interesting thread. I'm a believer, always have been. My wife scoff's at it. It is funny how she can believe in God but simply will not even THINK about Sasquatch being real. Her argument is that she'll believe it when she sees it. But, you've never seen God, right? Do you believe because organized religion and society, in general, tells you that you should?

Belief is a powerful thing. No wars ever started over what someone thought....just what they believed. I believe. I don't think I've ever seen one, but there are too many sightings for me to believe otherwise. Even if you take out 60% as stuff people make up because they can, there is still alot there.

I've been fascinated with this subject for years. I believe that these creatures are intelligent, curious and, if they don't want to be seen, they won't be. They've lived in their environment for much, much longer than we have. Over the years, I come to a few conclusions:

It seems that the more northerly population of Sasquatch are not as aggressive as the southern population. Just like humans, some are territorial and some are migratory. And I don't think there are many of them.

When I was a kid, the movie "Sasquatch" came out. I could not be in the same room when that commercial would come on. For years, I would have to steel myself when deer hunting on the first morning when I would walk into the woods hours before dawn. It's a piece of land that has changed over the years and not really what I would call remote, but you never know what moves through. Even today, my senses are heightened in those wee hours before dawn, listening, smelling.

interesting comments. it sounds like you are very familiar with the subject too. any weird stuff happen in the woods or on the stream that you could not explain?

Quote Originally Posted by axle27
    When I was a kid, the movie "Sasquatch" came out. I could not be in the same room when that commercial would come on.
    Interesting post axle27.

I think that old movie was called "The Manitou" or something like that... Nope, I was wrong, I researched it and found this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077904/

But I like what you wrote, I still do not believe in it but would not be surprised if one turned up shot or we found a corpse.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Nope, I was talking about this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078203/

Scared the bejeezus outta me...hell, I was only 6 or 7 at the time. I remember that my parents went to see it...there was no getting me anywhere near it. I'd like to find a copy now and watch it.

Yup, same time frame, I remember it too...

Craigslist or eBay ought to do it.

I would like to see it again too.

Maybe Netflix.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

smallstreams.com plankowner

Nope ... not for minute ... nope ... i'm not a betting person ... but i'd bet a nice flyrod there is no such thing. Was riding my r65 beemer up Pikes Peak CO in 1986 ... somewhere on the way up i took a picture of an official looking yellow diamond shaped sign reading something like "Slow ... bigfoot crossing" with the classic dark shape of big foot crossing the road ... someone's idea of a joke i'm sure. For all i know the sign is still there. In 1996 i found myself working in Shey Phoksundo National Park in mountains of Nepal. As part of the Alaska Refuges orientation slide show for local villagers and park rangers i jokingly included that slide. Instant quiet (and not a funny ha ha quiet) ... they looked wide eyed at each other and said dead seriously ... you have them in the USA too ???? And these people are very practical sceptics with alot genuine outdoor milage on foot. They recalled first hand experiences with an unkown creature ... alledgedly Yeti. I still don't believe ... and would bet against it ... but maybe not a really good fly rod now ... cause i've been wrong before and will be again ... but i think and feel not about this legend. :!: :?: :think: :wtf:

I get what you're saying, grayling. Either you do or you do not. To each their own.

I'm going fishing to a semi-secluded spot in WV next weekend. In one particular area, I keep my eyes open around me as there is a small, sheltered valley that is open to the foot hills. I can see a long way. I always have the feeling that I'm going to see "something" there one day. Perhaps I have and didn't know it....

smallstreams.com plankowner

Polar Sasquatch ... the last thing neaderthal
    man saw that spring evening 04/10/10000BC :shock:

If I see one I'll let you know. On this particular day, I had a Mountain Lion stalk me...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.