Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch encounters

Sasquatch encounters

ok, so i am sticking my neck out here, but that's fine.
    does anyone care to share their weird, odd, scary, creepy, or bizarre stories about encounters or possible encounters with sasquatch/bigfoot? :shock:

Re: Sasquatch encounters

I DO believe they are out there.

Having moved here after spending six years in Southern Oregon, there were no shortage of potential contacts in the news there. There is even a Bigfoot Trap in the area there that I've been to a number of times.

Never had any experiences, though.

There are rumors of them in Texas (http://www.bigfootproject.org/articles/bf_in_texas.html) and even a "research org" here: http://www.texasbigfoot.org/

cool, a believer.
    and thx for the bigfoot trap link. i guess no luck so far.? yes, i do know about the texas bigfoot research conservency. that is where i borrowed the pic of the man, sasquatch, bear image. have you ever heard about the bfro: http://www.bfro.net.

i had my own possible/likely encounter on a solo fishing trip. i might share it later if anyone is interested. sort of spooky stuff.

I've never seen one, but I'm a believer as well. I'm a show like "MonsterQuest" junkie, so would love to hear some stories. Chupacabras too.

mikeytwoshoes

yep, got 'em here in az too. I've never come across evidence but I believe...

http://www.desertbigfoot.com/

lotsa stuff there.

We have satellites that can read the license plates on a car. We have the Internet and we have millions upon millions of people in the outdoors with cameras and guns.

Not one single bigfoot has been captured on film, not one single hair has not been identified, no corpse, nothing.

We find virus on the bottom of the ocean, we detect ice on Mars, we find many things but over the years and years and years we can't find proof of bigfoot?

Has science embraced bigfoot?

I don't believe and I don't dis-believe and I don't have much faith that one ever lived in the times of modern man.

However, I do enjoy the search that people make for bigfoot, I enjoy the stories, the myth. In an age where man finds himself constantly researching to understand the things in our world and beyond, the myth of bigfoot is enjoyable to me. Many many of my friends believe that this creature lives beyond the sight of man.

I do not believe.

I also don't believe in extra-terrestrials but I do think that the possibility for them to exist is much more possible than a bigfoot given the fact that there are nearly innumerable chances out there, infinity.

I also don't believe in ghosts, I believe that people make ghosts with their mind and believe they are real.

Reinhold Messner in his climbing the Himalaya has come up with the best explanation that I have heard, they are bears.

S.Brooks, I have heard many many stories from friends about bigfoot in the mountains of Colorado. I have heard Elk in the dead of night that sounded like banshees coming straight up from the depths of hell to zero in on me to take me to visit the devil himself. I believe that bigfoot is in the minds of men and you know, I'm alright with that.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Back in my youth I went out on a blind date once and my date kind of resembled picture #2.
    That was the last time I ever agreed to a blind date :o :wtf:

I'm with Adam on this and the LOCH NESS Monster.
    Will

I, too, am with Adam on this one. No Bigfoot, no Jersey Devil, no Yeti, no Loch Ness, no ghosts. Jury still out on aliens as a possibility (it is a big universe) but even that I doubt. The mind can play nifty little tricks on you. Halucinations are real to those who have them. Our bodies are just a bunch of chemicals, and if the senders and receivers get messed up then reality is altered. I'm not discounting talking about visions and dreams: they are something different though our thoughts about them may be similar when they are not our own. I still like scary movies and novels even though they are fiction. I have really been entertained by the TV series LOST and all the issues the series has addressed in our perception about scientific and philosophical unknowns like time travel, quantum physics, parallel realities, etc. but being entertained is different than believing.

Randy

Over the years we've had reports of bigfoot in Northern Minnesota and in Wisconsin. We have thick forests where it'd be hard to find yourself, much less a rare creature that didn't want to be found. We also have a reputation for heavy alcohol consumption. I've never found any evidence of bigfoot personally, but then I don't drink much either.

But ghosts, now that's something else. We lived in a haunted house for quite a few years. The woman that sold it to us forgot to mention that her first husband had hung himself in the garage. The ghost seemed harmless, but it was creepy to hear him walking around downstairs when we were trying to sleep. One day my wife sat down with him in the living room and explained to him that his family was gone, that we lived there now, and he'd be better off if he just moved along. We didn't hear him anymore after that. When we sold the house, we forgot to tell the buyers that the first husband of the prior owner had hung himself in the garage.

Fry
    England , North Yorkshire between the moors and the sea,

Hi Guys ..

As an Englishman the chances of meeting Bigfoot in our ltd wild places are quite remote. Although the second image in the initial post is not unlike a young farmers daughter that I briefly dallied with many years ago. and given the old expression " A pretty face is all very well but what a farmer needs is a woman that can carry a pig under each arm." I would say the build was ideal...I am glad to say the relationship was short lived

However to make an other point in Britain Joe Public seems to have a fascination that the countryside is teeming with panthers lions and goodness knows what else. We see countless reports and pictures of so called big cats which after scrutiny are some well fed moggy. However the reports keep coming and I beleive that largely these are due to the rapidly expanding populations of Otters that have been reintroduced and are breeding well.
    Our local river has had a breeding population now for some years. Now although these are a reclusive creature they are often seen at a distance.

I recently chatted to a nice lady of some intelligence who was convinced she had seen a black panther on my local river. She had even reported it to the local paper and radio station. I questioned her on its movement and behaviour and am convinced what she had seen was an otter. I even took her a photo and video made by a club member of our resident otter and she viewed it and said yes that is just like the one I saw but that one was definately a panther . I think the truth is People will see what they want to see. and no amount of persuasion will make them think otherwise.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.