Thread: Hello from Texas

AustinBlake

Hello from Texas

Hi everyone. My name is Blake. Born and raised in Austin, Texas. I have been fishing all my life, but just picked up my first fly rod and reel about four months ago. It hurts a little thinking that it took me 25 years.

I am obsessed with anything and everything fly fishing. If it were up to me (and not corporate America) I would hop in the car and explore every small stream in the country (and other countries, but that would require a bit more than a car) with my fly rod in hand. I recieved a fly tying kit for Christmas and jumped head first into tying about a week ago. One annoyed girlfriend and countless hours later I have a couple full fly boxes and plenty of questions.

I am here first and foremost to learn. I feel like I learn something new every day and hope that this site can help me along the way. Maybe i can even enlighten a few with any knowlege I pick up along the way.

Blake

Re: Hello from Texas

Hey Blake. Welcome! :) Lots of GREAT fly fishing here in the Austin Area... no trout outside of the Guadalupe tailwater, but tons of fly fishing... Lots of it overlooked.

Again, welcome. :) :wave:

castell

Another Hello from Central Texas.

My name is Dan Cone and I am a fly fishing guide in the Texas Hill Country. I am in Texas from October through June and then migrate north to Colorado to work for Frying Pan Anglers in Basalt in the Summer months. I grew up fishing on the Llano and started guiding 8 years ago. While I spend most of my winter on the Guadalupe River below Canyon Dam fishing for trout, my home river is the Llano and I also spend quite a bit of time on the San Marcos and Colorado Rivers as well.

Welcome castell! Will get your access fixed right up. :) The view will change for you then... :)

Hi Blake and welcome to the world of fly fishing. I'm not far from you--in San Antonio, near Helotes. I say not far because on a forum with members from all over the world--we live close! Hey--I won't mention how many years it took me to discover the pleasures of fly fishing, let's just say one or two more than it took you. HA!

mickfly

Watch out for Danny! He'll try to teach you how to tie tiny flies!

Riiiight--Mr #32! Am tying larger ones (#10s for warmer waters) for Karen and CFR. Boy, do they look huge in the vise!

Am really liking this site, especially with the 'round the world posts.

mickfly

After 500 flies (mostly tiny) for the GRTU Troutfest last weekend, I'm tying size six buggers with lead and heads in about eight different colors.

Rafael Torres

Gus,
    I am sure you will be getting a few more of these type of posts I am sure. Very nice and it is really fun reading all the posts, but it does have a way of burning up some time. Thanks for the invite Gus it looks great.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.