Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Web Site: Tenkara-Fisher

Re: New Web Site: Tenkara-Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    Thanks.

Re: web sites, this is top priority.

We can all share in making this web. I think a lot of people forget why a web site is what it is, the people. I can push content, but really, my content only primes the flow...

This weekend I will devote time to two aspects, logo design and framework.

We will have a splash page soon, this is for the international aspect that I am recruiting.
    Excellent, cannot wait!

Would it be possible to move these posts to a new forum? This forum and the posts at Grassart contain a large part of "the recorded history of Tenkara". I hope they don't get lost in the shuffle.

Unfortunately, it won't be possible. Have tried things like that before, and it just messes up databases... Sorry.

I'll offer you this.

tenkara-fisher is a plan to move forward based on a history of successful community building. We will make the site separate from grassart and smallstreams but it will be one in the same.

For me, there is no race to capture what is found at grassart, it will happen at it's own pace.

I like what you wrote and it will happen, however, when it happens, it will be with a broader scope with more focus on the details.

In other words, I'll bring forth stealth, techniques, equipment and forums to research and share each aspect.

The start of a site is critical to it's success.

Thanks for your note, I am listening.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

speyrod

I like all fly fishing web sites ,And a site devoted to tenkara should be very informative.this would be a great chance for people interested in tenkara to share information.

http://www.tenkarausa.com

There is one already now.

I'm making an independent site.

I am working on tenkara-fisher.com forum architecture and hammering out the logo. The two above I concept designed with a graphic artist. I'm going to keep the quality very high and get tenkara-fisher something in the same lines...

Also drafting letters and translating, sending out to tenkara specific manufacturers and supply houses inviting them to participate.

All the while, I am making a bamboo fly rod for a friend, taking care of family stuff (wife, 2 year old Noah) and busting ass at work.

Life is good.

Adam, very cool. Thanks for your efforts. I wish I was more computer savy and could help. If I can help in another way, let me know.

Terry, I will invite you to join way before everyone else based on your enthusiasm.

Thank you, that's what I'm looking for now.

Good to have you.

eberjef

Adam,

I'm also very interested in your new site. I'm new to both fly fishing and tenkara, so I'm just reading everything I can, and I've found smallstreams very helpful.

Thanks again for the effort you and Gus have put into making such a useful and enjoyable site.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.