Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm not tellin'....You'll have to ask rbaileydav

smallstreams.com supporter and plankowner

Re: I'm not tellin'....You'll have to ask rbaileydav

Satoshi,

I'm not sure that you need a heavy pack. I sleep in a camping hammock--my pack, food for 3 days, sleeping gear and other equipment comes in well under 15 kilos for summer in the mountains.......less than thirty pounds--that's with "luxuries" like camera and fishing equipment. If I want to, I can trim it down more--I can easily get under 10 kilos but I like a bit of comfort luxury such as the hammock--pure sleeping bliss.

BW

Quote Originally Posted by rbaileydav
    Satoshi Sir:
    If you ever get to America make sure you give me advance notice and me and a few of my friends will find a way to get you into some of the same streams i have been posting about for these past years. That is a guarantee. We might even carry ur pack for you part of the way if we absolutely need too ..... it has been done for me in the past but that was a different story of vertigo. Bye the way this is a serious offer.

Dick Davis
    Rbaileydav
    I read that thread on Vertigo you submitted! That was also a cracking article ( I felt quite dizzzzzz-y after reading it) and it took some courage to continue on that trip, but when you were in need! You had a friend indeed!

Keep writing Dick, I've really enjoyed reading your Threads!

Satoshi Sir:
    If you ever get to America make sure you give me advance notice and me and a few of my friends will find a way to get you into some of the same streams i have been posting about for these past years. That is a guarantee. We might even carry ur pack for you part of the way if we absolutely need too ..... it has been done for me in the past but that was a different story of vertigo. Bye the way this is a serious offer.

Dick Davis
    Rbaileydav
    :o :D Dick,
    This is indeed the most generous, the most luxurious offer to me in my life.
    I would never say yes to such an offer if it's about other things, because it's certainly too much. But I have read your posts, seen pictures of heaven already.... Anyway, I thank you very much even for just saying that to me.
    And thank you for your suggestion, ksbioteacher. I think I may be able to handle a 10 kilo pack.
    Now, I will plan to go to the US to fish, not right away but at least within several years. I have to train myself for the trip. When I come to the US to fish, I will let you know in advance. Even if I cannnot fish those streams you posted, it would be nice if there is a chance we can fish together.

By the way, I also read your post about vertigo and fishing. The story was also a great read, as Mostyn said, and it reminded me about a friend who went fishing with the other two of us despite the fact that he had a really bad cold and a high fever close to 102 F, and he still caught the biggest fish in the trip! Serious fly fishers seem to be all alike around the world :) .

Satoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi
    I have missed the followup story by rbaileydav, till now.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by rbaileydav
    All of my lost memories were back in full color and splendor and I was beyond amazed
    That is so cool, I totally understand.

My pack is much much lighter and my footfalls are much much heavier...

I am about to embark on a adventurous summer of solo tenkara packing.

Your story is inspiring.

adam
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.