Hi! I'm Ray from Pietermaritzburg. Greetings to all at Smallstreams from the Zulu Kingdom! :wave:

I had just discovered your site before the big shutdown, and am very pleased to see it re-open! My joining the site now coincides with your more stringent membership criteria - which I do think will pay dividends in terms of the overall quality. :clap: So it seems I'll have to get my act together with regard to some early contributions.

For those not familiar with this part of the world, we have some really good brown and rainbow stream fishing here (mostly in the Drakensberg Mountains - one of which I'm using as my screen name here) as well as still water fishing for the larger specimens. Good sport is also to be had with indigenous species, such as yellowfish, of which there are several varieties.

I am Irish originally, grew up fishing small spate waters there in counties Down and Antrim, and have spotted some familiar small waters on this board. ;) I hope to be doing some fishing over there from time to time as well.

Anyone coming over for the soccer world cup? - be sure to pack your 0-weight!