Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pack Goats

Re: Pack Goats

Quote Originally Posted by gstrand
    LOL... I meant to ask - did you move back to Shasta or elsewhere, Rob?
    Yes, I did. The kids are off to college, it was just me and the wife, and I got a job offer back here in Redding, and jumped on it. I recently emailed you, so you may have heard me bragging about my first big wild steelhead when I returned.

Be sure to share any pics of Brushy fish. I caught some of the most colorful little sunfish there, and I'll never forget those Rio Grande Cichlids with their flashing patterns...I still have a little fossil I snuck out of there as well!

+++++++++++++++++++++++

As far as the goat, I havent had a chance to hike yet with the little guy, but my wife has. Much easier to manage than a dog, and the ability to pack gear is going to be a great plus. He is bonding well with us as well.

I'm reading online about them and they do sound ideal for flyfishermen.

Re: goats in trees

...the more i look at that photo the more i think it is a fake. i doubt that some of those limbs (lower left and right) could support that much weight. and one of the goats' (lower left) feet does not look like it is really standing on a tree, it is in mid-air.
    just wondering.

It's an impressive picture. I've never seen that many goats in one tree before, but I have seen goats in trees.

When we're camping in our area we hang our food packs up out of the bears' reach overnight. Maybe the goats will help us with that. We can leave the food packs on the goats, and turn then out into a tree. But will they come down in time for breakfast?

Just to interject...posts like this are one of the reasons I really enjoy this forum.
    Would never have a conversation like this on some of the other fishing sites I frequent.

Fry

Re: goats in trees

Quote Originally Posted by Brooktrout
    ...the more i look at that photo the more i think it is a fake. i doubt that some of those limbs (lower left and right) could support that much weight. and one of the goats' (lower left) feet does not look like it is really standing on a tree, it is in mid-air.
    just wondering.
    Yeah, its possible some of those goats were photo-shopped into that picture... To be honest I just googled "goats + tree." But, like Ernest, I have not seen that many goats in trees, but I have seen goats in trees.

Quote Originally Posted by troutrageous1
    Just to interject...posts like this are one of the reasons I really enjoy this forum.
    Would never have a conversation like this on some of the other fishing sites I frequent.
    I agree, gotta say this is the first I ever heard of pack goats.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.