Thread: Another new English member

Fry
    England , North Yorkshire between the moors and the sea,

Another new English member

I joined the last small streams shortly before it went of air and I am glad to see it back.

I cast my first fly about forty years ago and fly fishing has been a pretty important part of my life ever since.
    I fish the rivers becks and streams of North Yorkshire I am fortunate to have one within 5 minutes from my house. The other eight or nine streams I fish are all within 20 or 30 miles . I fish for brown trout, Grayling and for the Sea Trout when they grace the local stream with their presence.

The waters I fish range from tiny brooks that two strides takes you over to small rivers like the Yorkshire Rye and Dove. They all have a good head of wild stock and some of the waters are supplemented with farmed browns some suffer from escapee rainbows that escape from trout farms.

I generally fish the dry fly and occasionally the upstream nymph. I have been trying the tradional soft hackled spider patterns over the last couple of seasons with varying success. I tie my own flies and would describe them as functional rather than prize winning.

Anyway thats a little about me but will post more in due time. I am currently suffering from cabin fever due to the trout been out of season and the rivers been full of flood water even for the Grayling . Lets be honest you can only tie so many flies to keep you amused.

Re: Another new English member

Welcome! The British invasion continues, and it's a good thing! :) :bigthumb:

I just reviewed the members who have access to this part of the boards, and there are a good few who will likely be posting soon!

Love you guys from across the pond.

Welcome.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Fry

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    Love you guys from across the pond.

Welcome.

Awww Adam I am all choked up.. :roll:

Yeah, me too, I can't seem to shake this cold.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Welcome back.

I remember some of your posts from the old incarnation. You live in a beautiful place.

Jim

Well the invasion continues. :)

Welcome Eric

Bill :)

Fry

Just to expand a bit. Its great looking at all the places you USA guys fish the rivers look so natural and wild . Heres a few pics of the becks and streams that I spend my years fishing on....
    This first pic is a view over the beck half a mile from my house a lovely wild brownie stream that gets a run of sea trout when conditions are right

this little stream hides some great stretches and heres a couple of pics to show it as it flows to the sea

The brownies here are small but delightful

A little further inland the streams are not as fast flowing but are rewarding and hold lovely native fish

This is now one of my favourites a lovely gentle stretch of beck that in the summer has great hatches of mayfly and at times is just the place sit on the bank, smoke a pipe and watch the world drift by...

Hopefully in the summer there will be posts from me full of catches from these streams....

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.