Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: small stream trout pics

Re: small stream trout pics

My favorite of the year. On a warm day in mid April.

smallstreams.com supporter and plankowner

I'm drawn to the first image---as if I were there. How many times when fishing are we forced to confront the intensity of reflected sunlight? The brightness dominates the experience and the memories that are built. This image brings all such reflections back to be savored again. Thanks.

I like the way you put those thoughts into words.
    An interesting thing about photographs and glare and that is that the picture doesn't tell the whole story.
    My minds eye can see ever so clearly the brook trout clearing water as my brain filtered out all else and froze that moment in time.

Kind of like being able to focus on a single conversation in a crowded room of conversations.

Or the other day when reeling a rainbow in a crystal clear pool with sun reaching through water to grab hold of that rainbow and make his mail light up like burnished steel. There was a lot to distract and yet that image is frozen in my mind.
    Very pleasant indeed.
    Reflections.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbioteacher
    I'm drawn to the first image---as if I were there. How many times when fishing are we forced to confront the intensity of reflected sunlight? The brightness dominates the experience and the memories that are built. This image brings all such reflections back to be savored again. Thanks.

smallstreams.com supporter and plankowner

Freezing moments in time....

Sometimes, when pressed, I've actually tried to explain my need, to not just fish but to flyfish---in moving water. Most often I fall back on the same metaphor/analogy. When the conditions are right it becomes very easy to slip into a mental state, so focused and aware that as the #20 BWO parachute, drifts through the glare of a sunlit riffle, the near instantaneous rise of a trout seems to last an eternity--freezing a moment in mind.

Yup!
    Just like that. Those memories are collected and can be flipped through like turning the pages of a book, in more mundane times.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbioteacher
    Freezing moments in time....

Sometimes, when pressed, I've actually tried to explain my need, to not just fish but to flyfish---in moving water. Most often I fall back on the same metaphor/analogy. When the conditions are right it becomes very easy to slip into a mental state, so focused and aware that as the #20 BWO parachute, drifts through the glare of a sunlit riffle, the near instantaneous rise of a trout seems to last an eternity--freezing a moment in mind.

Gorgeous!
    Quote Originally Posted by cluster

I have a soft spot in my heart for beautiful Wild Brookies in a high mountain wilderness stream like up in Rocky Mountain National or Indian Peaks Wilderness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sunny:

Quote Originally Posted by jmcg
    Gorgeous!
    Quote Originally Posted by cluster
    thats my best brookie out of this stream. pushing 12 inches! If you look closely you can see a WD40 lodged in his upper lip

cluster, that is a beautiful brook trout!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.