Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: small stream trout pics

Thanks, Zanko. I am color blind so hard for me to tell.

@centralsierra: brown and rainbow with parr marks.

@martin_b: You should now be able to view the video. In the vid, I am trying to illustrate the simplicity of tenkara. One fly, one cast, one fish. I am about 30% casting non-dominate hand (I usually cast right handed but am now casting about 30% left handed) but the chest mounted camera does not often show that. I have a head mount that I am going to give it a go. I just got the GoPro and Macbook recently and am learning the camera and program to edit the video. It is so easy to do now that I have a fast computer. Now I just take the chip out of the camera and shove it into the laptop, direct transfer, no cable, super quick. The video is my first movie with the system. There will be more, the camera will go with me as I am having more fun fishing now than I have in a very long time.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

I love the video...I look forward to seeing what the head mount view looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    @centralsierra: brown and rainbow with parr marks.

@martin_b: You should now be able to view the video. In the vid, I am trying to illustrate the simplicity of tenkara. One fly, one cast, one fish. I am about 30% casting non-dominate hand (I usually cast right handed but am now casting about 30% left handed) but the chest mounted camera does not often show that. I have a head mount that I am going to give it a go. I just got the GoPro and Macbook recently and am learning the camera and program to edit the video. It is so easy to do now that I have a fast computer. Now I just take the chip out of the camera and shove it into the laptop, direct transfer, no cable, super quick. The video is my first movie with the system. There will be more, the camera will go with me as I am having more fun fishing now than I have in a very long time.

The way I see it, you will be in quite sharp focus when I use it so you better mind your manners because our peers will be watching.

Gonna be pretty hard to pry my collapsing rod out of my hands but I think with the introduction of a Marutake rod into my quiver, there might be a little change in my repertoire.

"Do you consent to being photographed?" is my new singsong with the GoPro. The HD shows everything.

More later.

By the way, thank you. I enjoyed making the video, it is a fun process.

You remind me of a friend of mine, s.brooks, the article he wrote: http://web.archive.org/web/200003030...m/Reality.html I know it is older than 1999 but that is the year I pulled it out of the wayback machine.

I'm really starting to enjoy dreaming of fishing again and by goodness, I've got a lot on my plate to distract me. I'm no less into several things that could derail my fishing, like fatherhood to start... but I am a fisherman and my skill level has me interested.

Really looking forward to fishing with you Zank, can't wait to backpack in and unroll the bivy and fluff the bag. The tarp is it man, the tarp is it.

The way I see it, you will be in quite sharp focus when I use it so you better mind your manners because our peers will be watching.
    Lol I will be on my best behavior

Gonna be pretty hard to pry my collapsing rod out of my hands but I think with the introduction of a Marutake rod into my quiver, there might be a little change in my repertoire.
    Well, I guess we both will be pulling out something new from the arsenal this time eh?

"Do you consent to being photographed?" is my new singsong with the GoPro. The HD shows everything.

More later.

By the way, thank you. I enjoyed making the video, it is a fun process.
    Consent given

You remind me of a friend of mine, s.brooks, the article he wrote: http://web.archive.org/web/200003030...m/Reality.html I know it is older than 1999 but that is the year I pulled it out of the wayback machine.

I'm really starting to enjoy dreaming of fishing again and by goodness, I've got a lot on my plate to distract me. I'm no less into several things that could derail my fishing, like fatherhood to start... but I am a fisherman and my skill level has me interested.
    I enjoyed reading this and can definitely relate to it.

Really looking forward to fishing with you Zank, can't wait to backpack in and unroll the bivy and fluff the bag. The tarp is it man, the tarp is it.
    I look forward to hitting the stream together again, it has been way to long. I already know the next adventure is going to be as memorable as the last one.

Really? Okay I can't wait till September for that, nice vid!

That would be the one, big fish coming up from the lake. Big fish, small stream, solitude, gotta love it.

Back in December '08 there was an unusually warm day in NJ, for that time year (70F), I was off from work and alone (another unusual occurrence). Decided to enjoy the weather and take a hike in the woods behind the house. Took a rod along for the heck of it figuring a few casts would be fun. Didn't expect to even see any fish let alone catch one as the brookies there were definitely done spawning and had probably moved down into a few deep pools and beaver ponds down in the lower valley. Drawing a conehead muddler back towards me past a large boulder situated near a pool tail I thought...behind that rock would be the PERFECT place to set up for for an ambush, if I was big brookie. Just as the fly passed the point, AMAZINGLY a wake appeared heading strait towards the muddler like a pike zooming in on duckling too close to it's lair. Quite a shock but I was ready...
    Both of us played it perfectly AND I got a picture. AMAZING the fish was in such good shape post spawn, Testament to the fertility of the stream. Didn't catch anything else the next few hours, didn't care.

"Long tall Sally she's, built for speed...".

http://smallstreams.com/attachment.p...2&d=1342834523

AZ small stream brook trout. All I did was crop and border. Prettiest fish I have ever caught.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.