Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Outing & Adventure in June - Who's in?

Re: Outing & Adventure in June - Who's in?

B-Ville

Ok then, we will be in the hood on Saturday a.m. There is good feeshin down below where you and Dan did the walk. It's a short tromp through a tight valley, then it opens up hidden style... But I say, we shoot the fence and go UP where you and Hook, Jacob and I did the dance. Out of the way, out of site, out of mind... Brooks and I want to hike up there and night out it.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

cool- both sides are killa - the lower does open up a few times, goes through a rock quarry (sp) and has some cool steps in between. Upper is awesome too. I'm going back again in July to tent it with Brandon (my 10 year old) for 2-3 days so if you have plans with the boyz we may want to do a camp daddy run too.

S.Brooks, I bought a large gas cartridge so we are set to share the stove. I'll bring a movie on the iPod in case we can't sleep. I'll bring spirits...

I'm hoping to spend the night around 10,000'

I'll soon start listing my kit for this trip. From your phone calls and posts, sounds like you are stoked as me.

See you soon old man.

WHITE MOUNTAINS
    Note: All main roads are now clear of snow and open, including Highways 273 and 261. Nearly all lakes are accessible and full. Boat ramps are accessible at all lakes, however, use caution while launching at Concho Lake. For more information, call the Pinetop Office of the Arizona Game and Fish Department at (928) 367-4281.
    S.Brooks, there you go, we are on.

I will be meeting you either Friday night, June 11 or Saturday morning at 8a or so, Winn Campground. I will know more closer to the date, when I will drive up.

Chef, we are hiking up to the headwaters in the Forest or on the Reservation, don't know, need to do a little homework. We may hit the oxbows early Sat and then hike/camp up there or go back. I'm inclined for Sal-F and numbers of them. Maybe hike to from our truck and stealth camp in never never land. Yeah, that sounds more like it. Up where the Dodgers play, tu sabe? If we are up the valley, I will hang a little pirate flag in a spot that you can see, we will know when we see you, at least you will know if we are there...

Brooks, get ready, bring your favorite things for the hike and let's pen a story together for this one eh?

Sounds like an adventure!! I hope you guys have great weather and even greater fishing.

And yes Adam,absolutely pen a story to share with us! Plenty of pics as well :D

Will

I will write a unique and individual story for smallstreams.com and another story for tenkara-fisher.

Or not.

I enjoy writing, I don't care if I am good at it or not, I enjoy writing and taking pictures to capture memories. S.Brooks and I are old friends, he is a founding member of this web site and for me to be able to plan a trip with him in the same sacred waters as we walked upon before is OUTSTANDING!

I can't wait to hang the pirate flag to let Chef know we are up that valley. I'll hang it in a place only he will capture in a glance, not a place where goony goo goo will see it and steal it.

Adam, will you be packing heat for the trip? I'm worried about bears.
    No, Indian Law prohibits firearms on the reservation.
    I sleep pretty heavy, it will be good to know you have my back.
    Brooks, you will either wake up in a bloody mess or you want wake up at all or you will wake up in heaven on earth or heaven in the sky or I don't know? Did you live a good life?
    :D

B- The Tree has taken ill this year and no stocking has occurred wilst letting the Apache's out of the gates to the streams. A virus at the hatchery prevented the Tree from being stocked this year. Most people complained and they cancelled fish camp this year because they want it ez like but for me I'm going to find feeesh, many feeesh and the bigguns to boot.

In reality I don't care about the feesh I care about the journey so I'm off today to pick a fews things up for the trip up on Tuesday and will bring my mannequin heads for markers.

Wanderin' through the tall grass and in for a Dip
    Maybe some guac, machaca and even a Chip
    Hold on I'm coming so be tight on the Grip
    Cowboy coffee slammin' and blastin' a Rip
    Slidin' down stream banks ready to Slip
    Got my new trick Flip restin' on my Hip
    Slung back rod flex just on the Tip
    Flingin' flies with a Chef like Whip
    Spirits in tow ready to Nip
    Maybe a chug or just a Sip
    You'll hear the feel straight from my Lip....s

I'm just happy to be going in country

Quote Originally Posted by S.Brooks
    ok, cool. i will resign myself to the extremely remote possibility of death by wild animals.
    :shaking2:

Chef, you will be good. I am going to drive up Friday night and meet S.Brooks at Winn. We will then head up the Grail or we will go for Dodgerville. If you get this, Winn Campground late Fri or Sat a.m. and you get the two of us. We have our homes on our backs and plan to live like kings up a crik.

Dig the rhyme.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.