I just made reservations for two days at Chirstmas Tree lake on June 9th & 10th (Wednesday & Thursday) and will most likely go up on Sunday or Monday to start the festivities of stream walking & still water floating.

If you're interested call in asap to secure your permit as only 20 are allowed on the water at a time.

Maybe you do a day or just hang on to stream walking instead of the still water. I'm not sure where I'll base camp but it may be Hawley (close to beer runs) and most likely won't be there much anyways but it's a good middle point to go in any direction for the day.

It's $30.00 a day per angler and the fish are Browns, Rainbow & Apache trout.

June 9 & 10 (wed/thur) 928-369-7669 for reservations

Reservations required! Like a good restaurant, this lake can be unforgettable. The world record Apache trout was taken here. The lake is limited to 20 anglers per day. Most people describe this lake as being in the middle of nowhere. Travel the 20 or so minutes down a well-worn, and sometimes very rutted, dirt road and you’ll probably agree. Once you arrive, this horseshoe-shaped, 41-acre paradise beckons the fly fisher to explore. Anglers playfully refer to Christmas Tree Lake as an Apache trout hatchery because of the many fish caught in the two- to five-pound range. Types of Fish: Apache, brown, and rainbow trout.