So, three years ago I fished the Bighorn in Montana on my birthday. Did pretty well. The next year it was the N. Platte in Wyo. Didn't move a fish, but at least I froze. And for my birthday last year, it was the Frying Pan and Roaring Fork in Colo. Did pretty well. This year, I think I will hit the San Juan in New Mexico, completing a four-year journey of fishing a different tailwater from Montana to New Mexico for my birthday (Jan. 23). The thing is, all my fishing in NM has been for native Cutties on really small tributaries. I don't know a thing about the SJ, other than every time I'm in NM, everyone tells me I should fish it. But, I have never had time to fish it, and kinda have been staying away, so I can fish streams alone. But, since it's Jan., I am hoping the crowds will be smaller, and maybe I can catch a fish or three. Any suggestions? Any places to camp? Any other decent tailwaters? Also been thinking about the Rio Grande and some bass!!!

Zac

Hooked up on the Bighorn, 1/23/07

Freezing and not catching fish on the N. Platte--I did find some duck decoys, however! 1/23/08

A beauty Brown and my first bamboo rod on the Roaring Fork! !/23/09