Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The birth of a fishin cabin

Re: The birth of a fishin cabin

The following summer of 2008 the flooring and the windows were in place.

These last images are from the summer of 2009 and now the beloved cabin has all the windows, door, staircase, porch and the stove in place. So, we can now consider it ready for use although some kitchen stuff, a propane stove and some beds are to be added.

Itīs been a long journey from that handshake to this piont, not to mention the long distance and all the planning to get everything to work out and not forgetting anything. I logged all the lumber for the place and sawed it on my saw-mill at the farmplace and drove it on the truck the 350 Kilometers up there, so it has been a few trips during these eight years. And I had 1,700 Kilometer back and forth from Stockholm each trip. But it sure feels good now when itīs done!

Now, I have some fishing to catch up with...

This is something Iīve been dreaming of for a very long time. This is what Iīve always wanted and now itīs done. I feel very god about it and this place is pretty much always in my thoughts. I just wanted to share it with you.

Thanks for listening,

Mats

That is amazing. Looks like a dream coming true, one log, one snowmobile trip at a time. Wow!

Wow neat cabin. I bet you've will have some great fishing tales to tell eventually.

Very cool Mats. Looks like a great place to get away from it all. :clap: :clap:
    Will

smallstreams.com plankowner martin_b's Avatar

That is just plain awesome. You are very blessed to have such a dream come true. Congratulations! It looks wonderful and is sure located in beautiful surroundings. Good for you!

Martin

Thanks guys.

Well it IS a dream that has come true. Although not without efforts as you can understand. I was born up north but ended up in the city in the teen years when my family moved, so all this time I have been aiming for something like this.

And as said, I have quite some fishing to catch up with. This thing took about all the time I spent there the last eight to ten years. Yes, Iīll probably have some good fishing stories to tell later on. :D

Mats

smallstreams.com plankowner martin_b's Avatar

What is the fishing like up there. Trout? Grayling? Are there bears?

Quote Originally Posted by martin_b
    What is the fishing like up there. Trout? Grayling? Are there bears?
    Yes, there are Browns, Artic Char and Grayling. Also Pike, Perch and Whitefish further downstream in the lakes on lower altitude. Fishing gets pretty good when you get off the main roads, which you rather want to do in the summer during tourist season. Easy access draws people. Not that it would be crowded, but there are other fishermen at the easy spots.
    As for wildlife youīll find brown bear, grey wolf, wolverine and lynx as bigger predators. Lots of raindeer. Moose have some population also.
    Iīve been to the Iliamna area in Alaska and I must say there werenīt too much of a difference in terms of fauna (salmon runs of course not included) although this country has been explored for several hundred years so itīs not exactly the frontier. Also, all the speices grow smaller over this way.

Mats

Very cool, very very cool.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.