Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The birth of a fishin cabin

utahtu

Re: The birth of a fishin cabin

Forgot to add a picture of our cabin.

Thanks alot you all. I havenīt logged in for a while so I hope my apologies as for late reply will be accepted.

Martin.

I browsed the jazz site for my name but I didnīt find it. Could be, but my guess is that they were talking about keybord player Mats Öberg. Heīs well known as he played with Frank Zappa on occasions, so you can get a hint of the caliber of the guy. Heīs blind btw.

I play some too, or more accuarate, I used to. I was a bassman for twenty-five years but not too much jazz though.

Utahtu.

Thatīs one nice looking logging, much fancier than mine. I hope youīll get to finish it this year so you can enjoy the good things this stuff brings. Good work.

Mats

utahtu

We had a big delay in building in October 2008. While putting a 4x12 (dark on in pic) up between the posts that support the deck, the scaffolding we were on started to tip. Not wanting to fall on my back I jumped off and came down on a rock with my right heel. Fractured my right heel bone :o , blew out ankle ligaments :shock: , and other damages. Now have a metal plate with 7 screws holding it all together.

That is the reason we call the cabin "Calcaenous Lodge".

smallstreams.com plankowner martin_b's Avatar

Mats, it was this quote from the Jazz and Fly Fishing that made me think of you:
    "One of the film guys! This is the man that bought a piece of land, cut down the trees and built a big wooden house with his own hands. He also ran the marathon in a pair of 1 kg heavy boots!"

:)

Martin

Just have to comment on this, though its been here a while.

I found the story was very enjoyable reading, and the photos a fantastic addition to the story. Really liked the part about the handshake--wish more could be accomplished that way these days.

One last comment--I'd be very pleased with the outhouse as the primary fishing cabin! Guess you have a HUGE outhouse now.

utahtu

Matsoberb,

There is a website for log cabin/home owners and issues they face, http://www.loghomeu.com/ You should publish your building fetes. Your story would make a great addition to their website.

Wes

What a fabulous story - awesome. Mastsoberg you have turned a dream into a reality via vision, hard work and dedication and I find that inspiring. Well done and I hope your log cabin brings you many, many happy days fishing.

Utahtu - that's a log mansion!!!! Hope the foot is OK :shock:

Ben

Thanks again buddys. Iīm actually preparing for heading up there as we speak, for spending a few easter days and keeping the fire going.

Ok Martin, I didnīt get that so I was kind of off track there. I take that as the ultimate compliment. Thanks!

Danny; Yes thatīs a manly outhouse, donīt you think? Well, most of it is for keeping firewood and some tooling though but itīs really not a bad thing to have the seater "indoor" as a free standing little cube is way more uncomfortable when the weather is bad.

Wes; Thanks for that link. I might just contribute on the site even my little fishing shack is not up to par with the creations I see there. Very nice.

Ben; Iīm pleased to hear the story have spread some inspiration to you! Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.