Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring in Scotland

Spring in Scotland

Just a wee taste of Spring salmon fishing ,this was the warmest day of 3 spent up on Speyside early this year .

Re: Spring in Scotland

looks like it would take a bit of speyside to keep you warm.

Quote Originally Posted by rayfound
    looks like it would take a bit of speyside to keep you warm.
    Just a wee dram, no really with modern thermal clothing i had a great 3 days on Speyside foloowed by a week on the Dee this febuary
    Heres another photo

the Hut in the distance belongs to the Macallan distillery ,when I go up there the Inn we stay in is just by the Fiddich burn as in Glennfiddich!

Another veiw of the Macallan Hut, the distillery is not very scenic its self !
    Hut is putting it crudely ,not been over but I beleive its carpetted and has hot and cold running water and flush toilets !

Yep! that looks pretty cold to me. Mind you a wee dram or two of The Famous Grouse one of the finest would perk things up a bit.

Like the look of those Dark and Mysterious stretches of water. Gets the thought machine into gear in anticipation. Nice Pics. Jax

smallstreams.com plankowner ofuros's Avatar

bbrrrrrrr.....childhood memories come flooding back. Seasonal change. Crisp mornings, Hazy summers, fallen leaves, snow drifts....Wonderful pics, Doctor.

Thanks,
    Ofuros
    Out & about....looking for trout.
    https://ofuros.exposure.co/

This was the result a few days later,it swan away strongly,the urge to eat one like this is so strong ,but they are such aprecious resource !

Some lovely pictures of a beautiful area; But, I wouldn't want to fish there in the winter! Too cold for me! I'll stick to fishing the Taff (in South Wales) for the silver ladies (Grayling) throughout the winter months!

Quote Originally Posted by Mostyn
    Some lovely pictures of a beautiful area; But, I wouldn't want to fish there in the winter! Too cold for me! I'll stick to fishing the Taff (in South Wales) for the silver ladies (Grayling) throughout the winter months!
    y

Mostyn,
    I spend a fair bit of my winter chacing grayling on the chalk streams,but those springers as shown in the last photo just are fabulous fish.I am fortunate to guest for a couple of days on the Spey and stretch to a couple more day tickets to make the trip up worth while 600 miles odd there and the same back.
    As to the cold aint no such thing just get the right layers underneath your breathables and toasty all day,mind you a couple of years ago was fishing with only a short sleeve Tshirt at midday,only got that warm fishing that season a couple of days in the summer,funny thing that night as we drove out of the valley the tempeature dropped to -6 centigrade,clear sky and no wind !

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostyn
    y

Mostyn,
    I spend a fair bit of my winter chacing grayling on the chalk streams,but those springers as shown in the last photo just are fabulous fish.I am fortunate to guest for a couple of days on the Spey and stretch to a couple more day tickets to make the trip up worth while 600 miles odd there and the same back.
    As to the cold aint no such thing just get the right layers underneath your breathables and toasty all day,mind you a couple of years ago was fishing with only a short sleeve Tshirt at midday,only got that warm fishing that season a couple of days in the summer,funny thing that night as we drove out of the valley the tempeature dropped to -6 centigrade,clear sky and no wind !
    Must admit it certainly looks like a beautiful area; and I can tell from your post, that you have some wonderful memories of your fishing exploits to Scotland! Something to cherish in the mind and look back on with pleasure! Thanks for sharing a special place with us!

M

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.