Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new way

Re: A new way

Looks like the Norvise dropped their prices a bit since I last looked at them. How easy is it to load thread on the bobbins from your normal thread spool?

That's expensive.

It's probably my lack of skill and experience, but I like the cheap ceramic tube bobbins you can pick up for around $10.

I agree with Terry the el cheapo ones work just fine for me also. I'm still using the ones I bought 20 plus years ago. Don't even remember what kind they are.

I have played with that Ekich bobbin holder at a show, was really impressed that anybody would spend the price of two years' fishing licences on a tool that isn't a rod.
    I use Rite bobbin holders for flimsy threads like Uni 8/0
    otherwise Tiemco standard bobbins and similar suit me fine

If I were restricted to one tool it would be a standard mini bobbin holder.
    You can throw away every other tool and still tie flies; to tie without a bobbin holder is a new learning curve.
    I tied some seriously complex flies using no tools for Eric Austin's Luddite Challenge a few years ago, that was hard - and fun.
    The hardest part was applying dubbing to an unsupported thread.

100 bucks for a bobbin holder, get a life, as mentioned above
    :crazy:
    :shock: :D :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by rsetina
    Will,

I bought a Nor-vise a few years ago and the bobbin that comes with it is not bad. I don't know how the Ekich Bobbin stacks up to the $50 bobbin from Nor-vise but here's link. He comes to shows around the country so if you can find one where he's going to be you can check it out for yourself. The $50 kit comes with 3 extra spools.
    http://www.nor-vise.com

I've seen uTube vids of the nor-vise and the nor-vise bobbin, and it looks fantastic and so easy to use. if I was in the States I probably would invest in one myself.

Jeanne

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.