Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sno-Fly VII. Modern Midges Celebration Swap PART TWO !!!!

Re: Sno-Fly VII. Modern Midges Celebration Swap PART TWO !!!!

Is there anybody who wants to volunteer to photograph the midges from Sno-Fly VII List Two
    Midge swap and post on here ??? I sure would appreciate it !!!!!! Thanks !!!!

Thanks Roy for getting the direct Video of Ralph and Lisa Cutter's Chapter 5, Bugs Of The Underworld posted !!!! This DVD along with Rick Takahashi's new book, "Modern Midges" belongs in everybody's tying library !!!!!

Alpinefly, thanks very much for that. I was having some trouble visualising the finished fly.
    That is a pretty amazing concept and obviously colours can be changed. Any particular method of fishing the fly? And is there any particular tubing you use?

Small Standard (Hollow)Tubeing (comes in many different colors) !!!! My major colors are red, clear, black (I use clear tubeing and black crystal flash), green, and blue (clear tubeing and Blue Crystal Flash).
    Also yellow is cool !!!! I dowse with some floatant which gives it that extra emerger lift !!!
    With the CDC, ya really don't need to do too much !!! It is also great as a dropper off a dry/dropper !!!!
    In the first list of Sno-Fly tyers got the Red, Clear, and Olive.
    In the second list of Sno-Fly, Tyers got the Black, Red, and Clear.

I was quite happy with the photography that Graham Owen did, as he was able to capture some of the Glo Lights (light spots) inside the tubeing. There are also two on each side of the head (behind the bead). You get some idea of the three dimmensional of a midge emerger :ugeek: ; the transparency, the color and UV effects, etc. Again, you really have to see this in the sunlight and the water to get the real effect, and when you see this side by side with a real midge emerger in the water, then the whole concept becomes quite clear !!!!!!!

There is a lot of great advise in Takahashi's "Modern Midges" book on fishing these type of patterns.

There's a picture of emerging midge in the links below, some times they almost look metallic!!
    http://www.bassbug.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/buzzer.jpeg
    http://www.flyfishersrepublic.com/entom ... e-pupa.jpg

Yes, you can get that metalic look on some (why a zebra midge works very nicely); especially on some of the black midges (like in your picture) !!!! Buzzers as well !!! When you consider how many species of Chironomid and Diptera there are, ideas of pattern design are endless !!!!!

Would appreciate if anyone would like to photograph the midges from this second list, and post them !!!!!!! THANKS !!!!!!!!!!! ;)

got my set, thanks, folks, excellent work

cheers,
    Roy

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.