Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sno-Fly VII. Modern Midges Celebration Swap PART TWO !!!!

Re: Sno-Fly VII. Modern Midges Celebration Swap PART TWO !!!!

Will have to recheck link !!!! In your search Engine type "Bugs Of The Underworld Chapter 5 Midges"

This should bring you to a workable link on You Tube !!! This is the midges section of Ralph and Lisa Cutter's "Bugs Of The Underworld" !!! If you do not have the DVD, this will give you the chance to watch some amazeing photography of midges !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinefly
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt_NGQEPZqNZU8/midges_chapter_5_of_the_bugs_of_the_underworld_dvd/
    I am intrigued John... :eh:
    Just clicked on the above link from my remote access card and was advised the content was RESTRICTED.... can't wait to find out what this is when I return to base tomorrow

Best,
    Andy

Ahhhhh Cranky !!!! The link must not be working right !!!! Will delete and recheck !!!!!!!

Andy, recheck the post before your post, and just type what I said to type into the search engine !!!!! Bugs Of The Underworld Chapter 5 Midges !!!!

PACKAGES ARE IN THE MAIL.................LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU GET YOUR'S !!!! ***CHECK MAILER ENVELOPES CAREFULLY IN CASE ANY MIDGES FALL OUT OF CONTAINORS !

RECIPE FOR GLO-LITE SERIES MIDGE EMERGER (originator & tyer: John Larson)

Hook: Daiichi 1120 (size 18) or hook equivalent
    Thread: Color to match midge
    Standard Tubeing (small): color to match midge
    Crystal flash: Color to match midge
    Glass Midge Bead: Color to match midge
    CDC: Color to match midge

Step 1 : Put on bead at head of hook (I use a foundation of thread and superglue to secure bead)
    Step 2 : Take a small length of small Standard (hollow) tubeing; follow the length measurement of
    midge emerger species you are trying to imitate. Take a hot needle and lightly cauterize
    one end. Insert crystal flash inside hollow tube and clip that end even !!! Tie onto hook
    Step 2 is a multi-step for main body.
    Step 3: Behind bead take 1/2 half CDC Oiler Puff (Color to match midge species) and tie forward
    behind bead head.
    Step 4: Dub Lite Brite (Or even Ice Dub) Color to match midge species on thorax (lightly dub) up to
    slightly behind Bead.
    Step 5: Tie in (figure 8) small section of crystal flash behind bead (make sure there are two light
    dots on each side of midge head, and clip each side to that spec.)
    Last Step: Whip finish, and grab a cold beer.......You now have a killer midge emerger for your box
    You will want to tie up plenty in different colors !!!!

*** The Glo-Lite Series captures the three dimensional, transparent and color light refracted effect of the midge emerger in water (just under the surface film). I came to this idea of design after spending much time observing midge emergers on the water in my float tube, and after watching the amazeing photography of Ralph and Lisa Cutter (Bugs Of The Underworld).
    Once you see this pattern in the sunlight and in the water, you will see what I mean !!! This pattern series is a little less then a year old, but already is tested and has proved its worth on the water !!!!

[youtube:26oi4dqx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGQEPZqNZU8[/youtube:26oi4dqx]

Bugs of the underworld
    Ralph Cutter
    Chapter 5 - Midges

There is an Avon Special emerger at 1min 49

cheers,
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinefly
    RECIPE FOR GLO-LITE SERIES MIDGE EMERGER (originator & tyer: John Larson)

Hook: Daiichi 1120 (size 18) or hook equivalent
    Thread: Color to match midge
    Standard Tubeing (small): color to match midge
    Crystal flash: Color to match midge
    Glass Midge Bead: Color to match midge
    CDC: Color to match midge

Step 1 : Put on bead at head of hook (I use a foundation of thread and superglue to secure bead)
    Step 2 : Take a small length of small Standard (hollow) tubeing; follow the length measurement of
    midge emerger species you are trying to imitate. Take a hot needle and lightly cauterize
    one end. Insert crystal flash inside hollow tube and clip that end even !!! Tie onto hook
    Step 2 is a multi-step for main body.
    Step 3: Behind bead take 1/2 half CDC Oiler Puff (Color to match midge species) and tie forward
    behind bead head.
    Step 4: Dub Lite Brite (Or even Ice Dub) Color to match midge species on thorax (lightly dub) up to
    slightly behind Bead.
    Step 5: Tie in (figure 8) small section of crystal flash behind bead (make sure there are two light
    dots on each side of midge head, and clip each side to that spec.)
    Last Step: Whip finish, and grab a cold beer.......You now have a killer midge emerger for your box
    You will want to tie up plenty in different colors !!!!

*** The Glo-Lite Series captures the three dimensional, transparent and color light refracted effect of the midge emerger in water (just under the surface film). I came to this idea of design after spending much time observing midge emergers on the water in my float tube, and after watching the amazeing photography of Ralph and Lisa Cutter (Bugs Of The Underworld).
    Once you see this pattern in the sunlight and in the water, you will see what I mean !!! This pattern series is a little less then a year old, but already is tested and has proved its worth on the water !!!!
    Any chance of a photo of the finished fly?

Yes Rossa !!!! If I can figure out posting the photos on this site !!!! Will try and download one of the photos to photo Bucket and see what happens !!!! I have not had any luck being able to post photos on smallstreams so far !!!!!

The photo above is of the #18 Blood Chironomid Emerger from the Glo-Lite Midge Emerger Series !!!!!

Here is a photo of the Ghost Emerger From the Glo-Lite Midge Emerger Series !!!

[img][attachment=0:1y79u6px]GetAttachment%20Sno-Fly%20VII%20#1.jpg[/attachment:1y79u6px][/img]

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.