Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sno-Fly VII. Modern Midges Celebration Swap PART TWO !!!!

Re: Sno-Fly VII. Modern Midges Celebration Swap PART TWO !!!!

I just received a package of very nicely tied Arkansas Zebra Midges from Alan Hoover.
    The original Zebra Midge Pattern was created by a Sno-Fly Alumnae, Gary Hitterman (He goes by Arizona Bighands). Gary just lives down the road from me in Casa Grande, Arizona.
    As the tyers from the first list of Sno-Fly VII are starting to wrap up there swap, we are already getting some great patterns from the second list of Sno-Fly !!!!! I have been very impressed with all the midge patterns, and I am ready to head on a nice long Winter fishing trip !!!!

mikeytwoshoes

mailed mine today. don't expect to much from me. they're fish catchers for sure, but nothing special. like that stoo-pit book.

Mikey...ya know the proof is always on the stream (or in the lake). If the pattern hooks fish, then it is special !!!! You should never get down on your tying; it has always been excellent (you need to chase a couple of my morphine with a beer); :crazy: this rotary vise is starting to get to me . :think: Then again......stick with the Glennfiddich straight up !!!!!

I received a bunch of nicely tied midges from Eric, via Matt Schliske's Donkey this afternoon (Matt is on the first list of Sno-Fly) !!!! Thanks Eric !!!!

can't wait to see the pics :ugeek:

The first list of Sno-Fly VII Modern Midges Swap has wrapped up and packages are being assembled for those who contributed !!!! We had two No Shows on this list (even after all that time they could have pulled out and given their spot to someone who really wanted to be in this swap. The first No Show(......should I say Chuffer) is really on face book and a big name in the area of fly fishing and tying (a guide); Ken Capsey !!!!! I don't give a rip how big of a name you attain in the arena of fly fishing, fly tying, rod building, or whatever, there is something called committment !!! After several PM's he finally responded in a flippant way that he was sick and just didn't get them done (good God, I was in a hospital ICU for a whole week, and still managed to crank out 81 midge emergers)!!!! The other that goes by Pikepicker on the other board (what my friend Mikey would define as a tool, thankya very much) just plain out did not respond to several PM's !!!! As far as I am concerned, they are banned from all my swaps, and I do hope that others will take note if you host swaps, not to allow these two tools in your swap !!!! :x

Well, packages have started drifting in on this second list of Sno-Fly VII !!!!! As always, great tying by everyone !!!:bigthumb: Please, if there is a problem that you cannot make the deadline, let me know. THis is in all fairness to those who work hard to make the deadline and those who wanted to be in this swap but were unable to !!!

I received a package of Nicely tied (killer pattern) Shucka Khans from Mikeytwoshoes !!!
    Mike is not only a fine tier (understatement), he also is a fantastic craftsmen of graphite and Bamboo Fly Rods !!!! Mike is a Sno-Fly Alumnae, and I am always happy to have his contribution each year !!!! Thanks Mike !!!!!!! :bigthumb:

It never ceases to amaze me; to literely captivate me into obsession. Someone will look at one of my size 32 midges and ask me, " What do you catch on this" ??? I answer, Large Trout !!!!! Over the years, I have constantly encountered this !!! I have also been asked what is a Snow Fly ??? Watch the magic along the stream on a warm Winter afternoon.
    Little tiney black flies emerge from a cold snow bank along the stream. All of the sudden, you see trout sipping the Christmas candies !!!! A miracle that something so small and so seemingly insignificant can create so much magic on a Winter day !!!! Not too long ago, on a Christmas day, a small, seemingly insignificant baby emerged into the cold bitter world. We have all watched the magic of the Christ Child along the River Of Life !!!!! Christmas magic !!!! A miracle !!! The magic of the Little Snow Fly !!!!! I hope each and everyone of you will experience the special magic that the Little Snow Fly (The Christ Child) can bring you and your family this Christmas Season !!!!! :sunny:

love fishing these small flies....it presents such a challenge.

Two great packages of slobberific midges just came in the mail from rich5665 and utyer !!!!
    Also a special thanks to utyer for the extra flies he contributed to casting For Recovery !!!!
    The ladies are once again going to be very happy this year !!!!! :bigthumb:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.