Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sno-Fly VII. Modern Midges Celebration Swap PART TWO !!!!

mikeytwoshoes

Re: Sno-Fly VII. Modern Midges Celebration Swap PART TWO !!!!

so you didn't let andy baird in?

Personally, I would have no problem with it, but when I started adding to the list in the first swap, I had tyers get all anal and drop out !!!! I started a second swap with the idea I would keep this at 12 tyers, because, again, there are those on the list that would get mad :roll: about having more then 12 tyers !!!!! Let's see, I am hosting this swap (really two Sno-Fly swaps); everyone is getting a set of 3 Glo-Lite Series Midge emergers :shock: , so I am cranking out a total of 81 midges :crazy: . I just woke up this morning (I was awake till after midnight) and saw Andy's private message. I had posted the swap closed yesterday afternoon and the list was full !!!! I said to people on the first swap, get in, sign up, this will fill up fast !!!!
    The second list did the same !!!! There are a lot more tyers that wanted to get in that personally I would love to have in !!!!!

mikeytwoshoes

that's a great fly.
    and like most effective midges are simple to tie.

mikeytwoshoes

I'm done.

mikeytwoshoes

midges are quick and dirty. tied 15 in less than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeytwoshoes
    so you didn't let andy baird in?
    Thanks for the props mikeytwoshoes.... Alpinefly did PM me with a full explanation. I must be slowing down with age, I'll be quick off the mark next time. And these need a little more work before submission... :geek:

FINAL INSTRUCTIONS: Most of you should know the swap routine by now !!!
    Put midges in a container or box that is protected (an Altoids box is always great or I use spare Walgreens pill bottles); Toe Tag with you name, name & size of pattern, and e-mail address !!! Place in a bubble mailer & place another folded self addressed & stamped Bubble Mailer inside !!!!!!

Send Midges To: John Larson
    2224 N. Camino Castile #1018
    Tucson, Arizona 85715

Mail-In Deadline is January 1st !!!!! As Larry The Cable Guy Says," GET ER DONE" !!!!!
    BTW Andy, that does look like one suhhhweeeet fly !!!!!!! I am one that would add more,
    but there are a few that frown on that !!!!
    This second list is also posted on Fly Tying Forum !!!!!
    The first list of Sno-Fly Swappers (posted on Fly Tying Forum) are really starting off with a bang ( the bar is always set high) !!!! I am all ready to head for a bit of midgeing !!!!!!!
    I do need all of your e-mail addresses if you can PM me with them !!!! Thanks !!!!!
    Cheers & Tight Lines !!!!
    John (Alpinefly)

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving weekend; I did !!!!! Plenty of pigging out, good beer and wine, tied lots of midges, and watched plenty of great football !!!!
    I hope all of you will use this post with plenty of your great midge ideas and techniques !!!
    We should all plan a Sno-Fly Midge Swap trip next year (ya think ???) !!!! ;)

I just received a package of slobberliscious :P Olive WD-40's all the way from British Columbia and Professori :ugeek: !!! Professori :ugeek: also gets the first to show award on this second list of Sno-Fly VII. !!! Thanks !!!!!!! :clap:

I just received a package all the way from Frisco, Colorado, and Kevin Evans .
    Now here is the added surprise. These very nicely tied #20 midges were tied by 6 year old Linet !!!! All I can say is Wow :shock: ....I am very impressed !!!! The future of Fly Fishing and Fly tying is in very good hands. I do hope all of you take time out and mentor an young child or youth in Fly Fishing and/or Fly Tying . You will be more then rewarded. :bigthumb:
    My two boys, Michael and Luke will have a new friend to show them the area streams next time we are in Colorado, and Linet can guide me too !!! Kevin, I know you are a real proud Dad !!!! :clap:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.