So glad this site is back. Been checking back regularly over the past couple of months. Looks to be a great new beginning! I posted a little when I first discovered the site, and I hope to be able to contribute even more in the time to come.

A new beginning is coincidentally also a fitting description of my life these days. I have been living in the capital of the land of the vikings for the past twelve years, and the quality of the fishing there is, as is often the case with urbane areas, not as great as it could be. Therefore I have been wanting to move to the mainland for quite a while. Now this has finally become possible and we have moved our little family out into the country.

I am so excited. We managed to find the perfect location and the perfect house. A good drive away from pretty much anything. Anything besides trout streams, that is. We moved there just recently, so now the trout season's closed, but I did manage to fish a couple of the streams and coastal inlets a few times. Things are looking great. There's an abundance of larger streams with a lot of quality small tribs all over the place. This is trout country for sure. A few pictures of my recent explorations of the area:

A view over the coastal inlet:

A small forest stream running into the coastal inlet:

That same stream:

The small stream running litterally through my back garden:

The day after we moved in I entered the local fishing club's annual sea trout competition. Not much was cought
but I managed this one (from my back garden stream, the stream in the picture above) which gave me the first prize. It is common to kill some of the sea trout, as we have them in such great numbers. I normally do catch and realease, but since this was a competition i took him:

A short drive east there's a beautiful coastal inlet, surrounded by steep forested hills. There I experienced dry fly fishing in salt water to rising trout for the first time ever just last weekend:

Same place:

Had this little premature sea trout on an ant imitation very close to shore:

Cheers
Martin