Thread: Hello, again, and I'm off on a trip...

Fry

Hello, again, and I'm off on a trip...

This is my first post since Small Streams wonderfully reappeared. I wanted to quickly say hello, again, and make a note that I'm taking off on another research trip for my book on fly-fishing for Cutthroat trout. My working title, now is: "Chasing Cutthroat." I'm all done guiding at Rock Creek Cattle Company. I did a similar trip last fall, but need to re-shoot a few sub species to get enough publishable photos. And, if things go to a semblance of a decent schedule, I will have some time to mess around and fish for "fun" for Steelhead and Salmon on the West Coast--probably in Oregon. I am leaving tomorrow for Beaver Crk. in SE Utah, near Moab, to document the newly discovered population of Greenback Cutthroat found there. This is very exciting for me, as I love finding unknown populations, b/c it makes me happy to think they aren't always dissapearing on us. This trip is a hermitage of sorts, as it will just be me and the dogs. I may meet some friends along the way, but will have to see what happens. I plan on being on the road and in the desserts and mountains for about a month. First, Utah and the Greenbacks, maybe some Colorado River Cutties. Then, California and the Paiutes, again. Then, Nevada and the Humboldt and Lahontan Cutts. Then, Oregon for the Willow/Whitehorse Cutts., then the Coast for Chromeheads and King Salmonids!!! Might catch some Coastal Cutts., too.

My connections with the outside world will be intermittant, but I will try to update you all as often as I can. Any donations of beans, rice, coffee, beer, whiskey and scotch, will be greatly appreciated. I am taking a 3 wt. Pent. rod I built from throw-away blanks from Jerry Kustich, my 5 wt. Winston that Jeff Walker made, and my 6 wt. rod I've been messing with. I also have an 8 wt. and 4/5 wt. rod that Sam Drukman made out of graphite. I hate to say it, except that it is very true--they are very nice rods and are, afteral custom-made by Sam. We'll see how the 6 wt. holds up for the big anadromous fish, but I will likely be using the graphite 8 wt. for those fish. Please don't hold it against me.

In Wild Waters,

Zac

Re: Hello, again, and I'm off on a trip...

Keep us filled in Zac(here and at Grassart) and just out of curiosity" When are you going to grow up?"
    Just kidding Buddy! Enjoy your youth because that's time to gallavant around the country like you are doing.Looking forward to the day your book is published.
    Will

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.