Hi All,

I have recently decided to purchase a custom build (Bamboo) Cane Rod from Tim Harris, of Harris-Fly-Rods! It's a : 6ft.3in, #3,weight, 2,piece that should be perfect for the wild Welsh mountain streams that I frequent! The rod is still being built (a work in Progress) but I should receive it just before Christmas. I'm also thinking of buying myself a "Silk Line" to compliment my new Cane Rod! So, I'm looking for some advise on this type of fly line!

There are a few to chose from; but they are all expensive compared to a modern plastic fly line; and of-course there are the Chinese silk fly lines, has anyone tried the "Silk Lines from China" ??? there have been some conflicting reports on the Chinese silk lines; some say they are stiff and take quite a-while to break-in and become supple. Have any of you bought and used the Silk Lines from China? I think the seller of these lines on E-Bay is called Zhu? Anyhow would appreciate your opinion on Silk Lines and particularly the Chinese lines! Here's a phew photos of the progress of me new cane rod!

The hardware as just been placed on the blank for purpose of Photographing! Tim, also said he was going to slim the handle down a little more! I'm quite excited; and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it! But, What line to complement the new Girl?