Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions

mikeytwoshoes

Re: Introductions

my word! those things are huge - bigger than her head even!

Good example of old vs. New smallstreams.com.

Gratuitous fish pics and related are perfect. Chicks, pinups and the like are a waste of bandwidth. There are plenty of sites out there to visit to get your fix of skin and fantasy women (or men, if that's your preference...)

smallstreams.com is not one of them.

The image in the previous post is the only one that won't disappear, as an example...

Oh, and for the record, I believe anything worth saying can be said without profanity... So I might as well put that out there in plain view.

No foul for testing the waters.

-G

Quote Originally Posted by Hortoncreek
    I have participated in SS.com since it was essentially an AZ fishing log/chatroom back in the 1990's. I was a member of Desert Fly Casters and was really getting into fly fishing the AZ white Mtns and Mogollon Rim. Adam and his cronies posts of "slayed em in Unmentionable Creek below the Rim" got me jacked up to go do my own exploring. I lived in Az for almost 5 years and (due to no children and an outdoorsy understanding wife) fished well over 200 days in AZ, NM, and CO. Then had kids, moved back to Midwest (Ohio) and fish less but more effectively than when I was a young punk. I did re-start the Central Ohio Fly Fishers club which is doing quite well and allows about 50 of us to get together and tell lies, swap stories, make new friends, and raise money for Casting for recovery.

I am now addicted to bamboo fly rods but fortunately have become rationale and do no collect them but am in process of having 8 rods made (one for each member of family). 3 are done and being fished regularly, 1 is done and drying and about ready to ship. 2 are being built this winter and the rest i am thinking about.

I enjoy grassart becasue I learn about rod making.

I like to take pics and post a few pictorials per year.

I try to fish and take pics at different locales

from high mtn cutts:

to the salt

Gratuitous pic

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=71

Gus, I did it first, sorry...

Let his picture remain (for any reason of your choosing) please, how about for the lesson like they give the 6 grade kids in gym class?

Nevermind, I'm just teasing.

Jeff, he is right. Let's get back to making this place as good as we can.

I curse, I know it's wrong, when I am in someone's house that I know they tolerate it, I refrain from it and I actually feel better. I used to look at girly magazines but I meet a woman who takes good care of that and I don't need to look at magazines and or the Internet for that crap. Truth!

So we help Gus keep the quality up, and the quality is up and sets a pretty high standard.

Imagine that. That's what you have to do.

I don't want this place like any other (insert any interzine you want) I would like it to be an escape,,, like a small stream, not the busy small stream by the side of the road where you walk up on the nudies having a private lunch (been there, done that) or some crowded river where there are huge trout caught so many times, their lips have sores.

I can live with a place that has just good fly fishing, good waters and words.

That will work.

:D

All good Jeff.

...and Gus, that was good of you to write it that way, nicely done.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

smallstreams.com plankowner ofuros's Avatar

Hi fella's. Marc from Brisbane, Australia here.
    With the nearest trout stream being a good 5hrs drive away,and with work being work & family coming first, I'm lucky to fish 3-5 outings a season. Doesn't mean the itch isn't any less though.
    You guys help scratch that boyhood,adventurous,whats around the next corner itch, with your words, & those oh so beautiful trout & stremside pics. I'll do my best to contribute too.
    Like a pheonix from the ashes, Gus has kickstarted this forum again...Cheers big ears....
    Out & about....looking for trout.
    https://ofuros.exposure.co/

John Bone from almost heaven...WV. Glad to see smallstreams back. It has been sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeytwoshoes
    my word! those things are huge - bigger than her head even!

yeah but 20 years (if it takes that long) after that picture was taken and gravity has taken over they won't look quite so inviting :crazy: :shock: :o :crazy:
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by john
    John Bone from almost heaven...WV. Glad to see smallstreams back. It has been sorely missed.
    If I am not mistaken, Mr. John Bone won one of the bamboo fly rod contests here at smallstreams.com

Welcome back, I remember you.

I was about to give up on smallstreams.com, I'm so glad this place is back alive!

I'm Ray from Southern California and I fish small creeks for trout of all kinds.

OK, that's an actual river, but that's the oddity, way in the back-country, and I pretended it was a small creek when I fished it.

Thanks for the welcome Adam. Yes, long ago and far far away...I did win the contest. Still fly-fishing small streams here. Not as much as I would like (one son in college, two sons driving=$$$$$$$$$ out). Too much work and sometimes life gets in the way of piscatorial pursuits. But I am still here.

Quote Originally Posted by ericsb
    Very cool picture eric.

I'm thinking you are probably one of Matt's posse I've been hearing about from Mikeytwoshoes?

Or not.

I don't remember reading your posts so you must be relatively new to smallstreams.com

3 years < smallstreams.com

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.