Hi,
I'm Andy Baird, living on the North coast of Co. Antrim, N. Ireland for the last ten or so years... I'm a short rod, light line, small fly enthusiast. I found smallstreams first time round when searching for small fly patterns and Roy Christie material.
There was always great small fly action here... and I hope there's more to come.
I fish small streams, burns and the tinyest of brooks for wild, brown trout. The landscape here is a vast matrix of small water, the trout are free-rising and there's miles of lightly fished streams if you get out and explore a little... the trout in these streams tend to average 6-12", I'll see a couple to 14" each season... there's bigger trout out there, but they can be tricky to tempt on a #24 paradun... :geek: The hatches can be sporadic, and lighter than most but this is a magical landscape to explore and fish, the trout are some of the most beautiful in the world and hard fighting.

I'm a big fan of the stream reports section here, so much amazing water and trout from across the globe.

Andy offline and out...