Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Introductions

Lots of familiar faces here, some not so much. Post an introduction here! How did you find this place? Where are you in this world? You get the idea...

Re: Introductions

Hello - My name is Tim - I know some of you from grassart (which is how I ended up here) and am looking forward to meeting some others. Haven't posted much of anything yet - but I'm hoping to contribute. I'm an amateur bamboo rodmaker - working on rods 5 and 6 now - but I've spent so much of my free time in the shop lately I haven't had much time for fishing. Thats not so bad though - I'm actually starting to think I enjoy rod making as much as rod using (i.e fishing). Either way, thanks for inviting me aboard.

Great to see this place back up and running again.

To the members from old... Looking forward to catching up with you guys.
    To the new... Hi, names Jim, live in Scotland, anything else thats worth knowing about me we've plenty time for later.

Thanks Gus for the resurrection. You are a good man.

Jim

Name's Sean, most of you old timers already know me.

I live in WI and am in my final semester of persuing my BS in Fisheries and Ichthiology at UW Stevens Point. I've been working in a fly shop in Milwaukee for about 4 years now and am a part time guide. I'm buying a drift boat from a friend of mine soon and plan to go out west next summer and guide and generally be a bum.

Here's my rig. I'm big into JEEPs too.

You're almost done with school? Geez. I seem to remember you wishing you the best as you started college...

Cool rig!

Quote Originally Posted by gstrand
    You're almost done with school? Geez. I seem to remember you wishing you the best as you started college...

Cool rig!
    I'm sure you did. I was active on these forums back in highschool. I've been in college going on four and a half years now. Took a little longer then 4 but not as bad as the 5 year plan like most are on.

mikeytwoshoes

took twelve myself w/ an army stint thrown somewhere in there and a changed major.

going west is so passe for a midwestern pup graduating from college. go salty instead. bonefish beaches and babes in bikinis.

Cross Creek here, an old, fairly quiet member of the original Smallstreams, and a frequenter of Clark's, Fiberglass Fly Fishermen, and UL Fly Fishers, among others-recently, a new member of Grassart, as well (thanks for the invitation). My mundane name is Arthur, but Cross Creek is the original Scots name of my family's home township, and long the name of my rod making efforts, as well as the locus of my early fishing adventures. In local folklore, two tiny spring-fed creeks arising near my childhood home cross at a point just downstream of what is now our town library, each continuing on their way without having mixed with the other, as the legend is told. I was informed, as a child, that this mystery was tested at some unknown date in the past by the careful pouring of a unique liquid substance in each flow upstream of the crossing (some say whisky and rye--more likely 'shine and whatever cheap store-bought spirit was available). As the story goes, the water was scientifically tested (er, tasted) downstream on each side, and there was no mixing of the waters. If the experiment was ever actually conducted (which I seriously doubt), the participants were no doubt too inebriated to accurately assess the results. It's enough for me that the two magical little creeks (holding brilliantly-colored bluegills, redbreasts, and feisty little rock bass) cross at an oblique angle and continue, each on their wayward course, with virtually equal flows. This condition has continued since before the days of the Cape Fear Indians, and is remarkable mostly because this confluence regularly floods each storm season, yet the streams return to their diminutive banks pretty much unchanged, both flowing ultimately to the Cape Fear River, as they have for eons.

Thanks for reviving Smallstreams. It needed doing.
    -CC

Hi guys,
    My name is Will and like Tim I came here from Grassart.I missed out on the first go round of Smallstreams but glad to be here at the 2nd coming.I fish rivers, lakes and occassionally in the salt,but my favorite places to fish since I started fishing at age 5 has always been the small streams that harbor big surprises.I like what I have found here and have jumped in with both feet.To be able to share it with like minded guys from all over the world is sweet.I hope that I can add at least half as much to this place as I receive from it. :D

Hi, Marc here from the Tucson area (at this moment in time anyway). Was a member of the previous Small-streams forum and one day it went missing. Checked every now and then to see if it was alive again and BAM finally hit the jackpot.

I love fly fishing streams, rivers, and alpine lakes . As long as it has a view and is hard for the average schmuck to get there I'm game.

I build graphite fly rods as a hobby, and am designing a fly fishing kayak to build this winter if I have time.

Great to find this site alive again. The stories and pictorials are out of this world.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.