Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stream eats?

Re: Stream eats?

I always liked a few oatmeal cookies w/ some nuts in a ziplock, water in one bottle, and rum & coke in the other.

0:37...

Since I've yet to take a long hike to fish, I have a battery operated cooler in my van with juices, water, occasionally pop, sandwiches and fruit. In my vest pocket there is normally meat, whether it is jerky or "Slim Jims" depends on if my wife is watching me make the purchase.. :twisted:

Eating is suplimentary to tea drinking. As all good anglers know the process of making and drinking of tea is an essential part of catching fish (Read: Chris Yates, "How to Fish" Eleventh Cast, The serious question of tea) Essential equipment for any outing as follows: MSR Pocket Rocket stove, Kettle, Water from the stream. Dilmah Leaf tea, Milk & Sugar to taste and a large cup or mug.
    Method: Boil water in Kettle, turn off heat. add one teaspoon of tea per person to water and stand for a couple of minutes to infuse, pour into cup, add milk and a dash of sugar and savour!
    Whilst doing this the only rise of the day will take place only to stop as soon as the rod is picked up. BUGGER!! Still, tea is sure to sooth the fevered brow and the day will not be wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    Tea good, I do tea on stream, oolong with udon noodles and sh!take (Japenese Forest Mushrooms) in there. Titanium pot, little rocket stove and a Monarch chair, check that one out...
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Wine glasses ,are a maybe with me on fishing days ,tried the plastic ones with a seperate base stem and bowl and they dont last ,
    the venue before last had some superb goblets in poly carbonate , I should have liberated a few before that venue closed down .
    At the moment using some plastic water cooler type clear cups ,mind the red we drink varies from plonk to something else .
    All to acompany bbq'd rib eyes or sirloins ,thay have been marinaded for at least 24 hours in a mix of Worcester ,grain mustard ,cracked black pepper and good olive oil , slipped into a good lump of crusty bread and eaten in the fresh air after a hard morning chasing winter grayling tis not a bad thing !
    hope to do some bbq pictures this weekend .

tucked into a good wedge of fresh bread lightly toasted and a glass of red ,a meal fit for an honest angler !

Hey Doctor,

Looks interesting. Tell us what your grilling?

That is one of my sirloin steaks ,marinaded with cracked black pepper ,grain mustard ,Worcester sauce and olive oil .
    Placed in a chunk of bread they are one of my favorite winter eats on the stream .
    Cooked and served 10 at the weekend ,this time washed down with some italian red!

I have a small cooler bag approx. 6x9 inches. A few crackers, cheese, and ham or turkey and whatever fruit we have on the counter. I use one of those gel freeze packs that they ship with medicine to keep it all cool. I try to keep things as light as possible.
    Tight Lines

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.