Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Music

Re: Fishing Music

Quote Originally Posted by jbutt
    You can't go wrong with Pink Floyd and Xavier Rudd. My Nano has become my second favourite piece of Fishing Gear, next to my collection of 3 weight rods. Both go very well together here on the Livingston and Dutch creeks.
    My wife fishes with her iPod. She too loves Pink Floyd (her favorite) among others. I sometimes have to get on her when we're fishing and there's the chance of rattlesnakes in the area. Not a good combo. I on the other hand don't listen to music while I'm fishing.

I'll clarify my answer I don't listen to music while fishing at all just while on the road to and from.

I Listen to Classical Music mostly, although I quite like easy listening smooth and melancholic music. I very rarely listen to music while fishing!

no mikey I agree with that most of newer country music isn't really music at all but just noise :D

It's sometimes nice to save the music for the trip home... and tying with the radio on is pleasant enough.

Tom Waits.

jdm5047

Streamside, I enjoy the music the water makes while I'm fishing.

But I enjoy an ecclectic of music that includes classic rock (Zep, Skynyrd, Boston, Queen) and alternative rock from the '90s (Cake, DMB, etc etc). I also have a deep appreciation for Jazz like the early work of Miles Davis and Herbie Hancock (before electronic influences). For long fishing trips, jam bands like Phish and Grateful Dead are hard to beat.

Recently, I have branched out into bluegrass and found a band named Jamgrass, that does bluegrass covers of Phish songs.

I also enjoy small acoustic arrangements. If anyone has ever heard of Medeski Martin and Wood, I reccomend exploring the Wood Brother's music. It's Chris Wood of MMW and his brother, just acoustic guitar and upright bass (percussion too).

Here's a link to probably my favorite song they perform called "Luckiest Man"
    http://www.thewoodbrothers.com/mp3pl...uckiestman.mp3

AustinBlake

I've been into Jon Swift. Kindof folkish i guess. He does some of the soundtrack for Drift which is a decent film if you haven't seen it yet.

I am new to this forum. Just sitting hear reading some of the posts and thought you all might be interested in this. http://www.rojoscalientes.com Im the bassist, so I am kind of partial :D

On the way down: Townes Van Zandt - Live at the old quarter & A private concert, Tom Waits, Emmylou Harris, Alan Lomax Southern Journey
    Way back: Montreal bands like Godspeed You Black Emperor!, A Silver Mt Zion, Sandro Perri, Vic Chesnut (Atlanta born) etc.

Have been doing university courses on tape TTC style. Lately it's been A History of the Middle East Conflict, the last one was Intro to Nietsche.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.