Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Music

Fishing Music

What do you listen to "to and from?" Do you listen to anything onstream?

I'm a huge fan of the two "Fishing Music" CD's: http://www.fishingmusic.com for getting me in the mood for fishing.

Lately, I've also been listening to my old Weather Report and Duke Ellington albums, and out of the blue found a wicked cool straight jazz quintet from Hawaii named Bob Tribal:

[youtube:3h0d6qay]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zREWApc7lCc[/youtube:3h0d6qay]

On the "not for fishing music, Lately it's been Five Iron frenzy, Brave Saint Saturn, and I've been listening to a performance percussion group that call themselves White Collar Sideshow and to another "new to me" group, Abney Park. They call their style Steampunk (I enjoy the genre of writing) but are sort of a rethunk Seattle Goth group... Their old stuff is good, too.

How about you?

Re: Fishing Music

I don't listen to anything while fishing except the sounds of nature.
    To and from or any other time that music is on it's hard and heavy in your face rock and roll.I'm hopelessly stuck in a time warp from the mid 60's to the early 80's(skipping over,of course,the dreaded disco era).New groups sometimes catch my fantasy for a song or two,possibly even an album or two.But the only ones who pass the test of time are the likes of: Pink Floyd,Zeppelin,The Stones,Iron Maiden,Dio,Sabbath,Uriah Heep,Deep Purple,Metallica,and way too many similar groups to keep on typing because by now you get the idea.I listen to the stuff that you probably wouldn't expect someone who is galloping toward their 62 year to be listening to.Rock on :twisted:

Don't listen to anything while I'm on the stream, but about 85% of the time I listen to music it's Bob Dylan. I'd say the albums I listened to most on the way to the stream this summer were "Together Through Life," "No Direction Home," "Time Out of Mind," "Love and Theft," and "Slow Train Coming."

Also went to Burlington, VT with my girlfriend and a friend and his wife to go to the Vermont Beer Fest and see Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp and Bob Dylan. They all played separately but it was a great show...Mellencamp was really amped up and Dylan played really slamming up-tempo versions of All Along the Watchtower and Highway 61 Revisited.

My friend's also a fly fisherman so we got up early the next morning before the ladies did and got in an hour or so of fishing a COLD small stream and between the two of us managed a solid brown and a couple decent size rainbows.

mikeytwoshoes

I saw bob dylan at the state fair not long ago. all along the watch tower was awesome. it was kinda creepy.
    mellencamp/nelson/dylan were to play a spring training ballpark just up the street from my house in august. show was canceled because of heat. really? hot? here in phx? in august? I don't know what they were thinking when they scheduled that thing. so anyways instead of $75 to see the three, bob rescheduled at the state fair for $10.

blah blah.

You can't go wrong with Pink Floyd and Xavier Rudd. My Nano has become my second favourite piece of Fishing Gear, next to my collection of 3 weight rods. Both go very well together here on the Livingston and Dutch creeks.

smallstreams.com plankowner ofuros's Avatar

Streamside, just natural sounds...

Travelling music.....Whitesnake,for their bluesy tongue in cheek style..AC/DC, the older songs with Bon Scott at the helm. By the time these songs have been shuffled through, my vocal cords are hoarse and bringing tears to my eyes, so a change of pace is needed. Morcheeba, The Waifs, some spanish guitar, Cherry Poppin Daddies & the Badloves to name a few.

Cheers,
    Ofuros
    Out & about....looking for trout.
    https://ofuros.exposure.co/

I'm the same as eric. alt country and more of the "rocking" country like montgomery gentry, gary allen etc. Love lucero as well. been listening to them all night while working on a paper for school.

When I do the long run upto Scotland its a twelve hour trip ,if in my old Peugot (Ethel the green ashtray)its talk radio most of the way ,with odd cassetes that are still working ,so thats Dylan,Stones,Sinatra(son did a big collectio for me from the family vynil stash.
    If in Lord Geoffs big Mercedes 4X4 its my new ZZ tops,Jefferson,and Dylan cds.
    Lord geoff who is a couple years younger than me was blown away by white rabbit and a few other bits of Jefferson,he had never heard the Lovely gracie sing !
    Need to get some Sly and the family stone for this Febuary,with some james Brown ,great stuff for the last few hours !

I listen to country music most of time. I like the old country the best but when I'm on the river or creek I listen to the natural wonders that surround me. :D

mikeytwoshoes

Quote Originally Posted by trout-nut
    I listen to country music most of time. I like the old country the best but when I'm on the river or creek I listen to the natural wonders that surround me. :D
    personally, I think that most contemporary country music hardly qualifies as country music. I prefer old school country music as well. though, I'm most likely wrockin' out on the way to the river if I'm listening to music at all.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.