Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Blades

Re: Blades

Got it from Duane at EDC.

The three holes aren't an issue, they work fine. It doesn't require using them, the locking system slide allows the blade to open with little to no effort with either hand. I was pretty impressed with the design and it's pretty light at 4.6 oz. Time will tell. The blade has a wicked edge. I talked with Gavin before I bought it to be sure it would work as a lefty.

I saw the other photos...very sweet. The liners look very thick in comparison to the production versions. I know you are stoked to get it. It's a real score to get a pristine lefty.

With the IKBS, I'm sure it's smooth and effortless. Very cool. Those two Brazilians have a good thing going. I've always wanted to try an IKBS bali.

On the 6, The lockside liner is beastly. It's seriously like a framelock with scales. Good or bad, it won't stay pristine for long. I can't NOT use it. jbravo says there's like a dozen lefty 6's all together, more not waved than waved. Oddly, I got it from his brother. Of course, with that rarity, I won't lose much if any money if I ever do need to move it. I hope to never need to. My eldest son is a lefty, and a knife guy, too...

I don't own a knife that valuable, but I couldn't fathom not using it. I don't think I've seen a waved lefty Emerson custom before come to think of it.

I never intended to own a lefty custom. The stars and the cove aligned for this one.

my blades are not in the same class as the custom made knifes but have served me well for the past 25+ years and are good friends that never get left home when i go to the woods or water,the top one is made from a norwegian laminated blade,and the bottom is a russell canadian belt knife,thanks steve

Nice knives Steve.That Canadian Belt Knife actually outclasses many custom knives.I do not own one but I skinned a deer in 1983 with one that was purchased in Labrador in the 50's and still remember how fit the hand so well.

Another good type of old fashioned blades are Opinel knives,most production knives today have blades that are too thick to be good cutters and the thin blades on these ten dollar knives will out perform many knives costing a lot more money.As an added bonus they completely lack any "tactical" features that detract from a knifes true purpose of cutting stuff that needs cut.

Opinels are too cool. I have a little Laiuogle (sp?) penknife I got about twelve years ago that is also a sweet little "daily chore" knife.

Anyone else carry a multitool? I just started carrying my leatherman wave again. Forgot how useful it can be.

I sometimes carry a Micra (I seem to use scissors a lot) and keep a Leatherman Crunch in the car.

Check these out:

http://www.murthasoutdoor.com/

I sold the guy a fly rod and then found out about his work. Beautiful.

Randy

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.