Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Blades

Re: Blades

The RC3 is a sweet blade, but the izula is my all time favorite.

Terry, it would help if you told me what you like about the Izula.

I'm really narrowing it down and sometimes it's just the little things you know?

A big part of me wants a little beefier knife, the other part of me wants to go with my initial choice and the ultra-lightness of the Izula. I'm planning on lassoing it to one of the wings of the hip belt if I get the Izula, off the belt if the RC-3.

Everything points to the Izula really, it's probably even more knife than I need.

...and I'm not going to get the pink although I think it is pretty cool.

What do you like about it?
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Well as far as thickness, the izula is a thicker knife, and probably a little stronger because of it.

Honestly the thing i like about the izula over the RC3 is its size. Its very handy mainly because its so concealable. It fits in my hand better than any blade that size that I have used before, and its blade shape is very versatile for a lot of task.

Both are great blades. Your decision probably will come down to overall size.

Hope this helps.

Here's a pic from a board I participate on that will help get a feel for the RC-3 (Marked SWAT in the pic) and Izula.

Gus, that really helps. I don't have money to buy two knives, I want one, a knife I'm going to want to carry even when I'm not backpacking but when I fish. I've carried a huge Gerber when I was in the service, didn't like it at first, then I dug having it because I was taught how to utilize it by many different people in different armies of other countries.

A knife in the outdoors is HUGELY important.

I had a SOG Pentagon and sold it. Double edge sticker, huge, too city like for the outdoors and again, double edge. I still miss it because it was a substantial blade.

The Izula looks great, the RC-3 seems more of a "knife" and the picture Gus has posted does a great job for swaying me back on the fence.

The cool thing is, when I pull the trigger, I'll still be happy either way, didn't really find a good second choice that was palatable in the budget department.

The RC-5 (like that one too) comes with an option for a pouch for my little tin survival kit that attaches to the scabbard, that is pretty cool in my book and does double duty. I like that option a lot.

ah, blades. i love this topic. i carry this one around lately and love it. short but stout. stays in the pocket, razor sharp and quick to open. but for real, serious business i like my katana. i actually train with it, itto tenshin ryu. cool, but maybe not as practical as the lockblade.

matsoberg: that damascus blade is a real classic. awesome.

http://www.musashiswords.com/shop/home.php

S.Brooks, I bought my Ninjitsu sword from the link above and Shay a Bamboo style tsuba Katana.

A quality blade, good price.

My Ninja Sword: http://www.musashiswords.com/shop/produ ... t=0&page=1

I thought it was an honorable present for a friend...

nice blade bro.

My latest acquisition Kerry Hampton Khnutbuster, milled and relieved liners, pivot bushing, D2 blade, with maker dyed and jigged bone scales....his take on the classic Case Sodbuster Jr.

Very sweet slipjoint!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.