Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blades

Re: Blades

Quote Originally Posted by greendrake
    WOW Mats,That is one beautiful knife. Just stunning! :shock:
    Will
    Totally agree!

Yes, it´s a nice knife and like it a lot. He´s quite good at it. If you like my knife you might as well check his site: http://www.brandt.info.se/

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... u=11071292

I bought one of these recently...

[attachment=0:ofvwnswp]Evo_Tanto.jpg[/attachment:ofvwnswp]
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Solid working knife adam. Congrats!

There is something to be said for those. Good users!

I've sold off a large number of the high end ones (Striders and Chris Reeve, mainly) - the trip to Oregon and now the transmission in the Expedition, money is better spent elsewhere than steel sitting in a safe collecting dust.

My most recent purchase was an Emerson SOCFK tanto from a friend. I love tantos... My Emersons are some that I will not sell any time soon. :)

Use the heck out of it!

Titles are important to me Gerard's Avatar

A few years back I took a visiting lady to fish one of our trout streams near Cape Town. I found it quite fascinating that she travelled the world alone. But I think she knew how to take care of herself. She gave me a knife as a gift and when I saw it I got the picture. :shock:

The Bear Claws are awesome – I bought another for my wife.

"The fishing was so good I thought I was there yesterday."

G, I am still in the process of finishing my paragliding kit. I have a lot of interests but very few funds after the family is taken care of but this will be the knife I carry with me. The bottom one, rounded tip and serated for cutting myself away in the event I am being dragged and or what ever reason I want to be cut from my wing.

They are relatively inexpensive.

Like minds.

The CRKT Bear Claw is a good cost effective claw - it was inspired by Fred Perrin's designs. Perrin is a french tool designer who is in to street survival... A little about him here: http://www.donrearic.com/perrin.html

The basic La Griffe is currently produced by Emerson Knives - I have worn one for a couple years now. It's a great utility blade in addition to the SD function, and is concealable in many ways. (more here: http://www.donrearic.com/emersonlagriffe.html)

Adam, for your kite use, they used to produce a "whitewater" version that was serrated and with a blunt tip. The CRKT version will undoubtedly be more fiscally responsible. :)

This is what mine looked like new... (looks better, or worse depending on your perspective, now... :))

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    G, I am still in the process of finishing my paragliding kit. I have a lot of interests but very few funds after the family is taken care of but this will be the knife I carry with me. The bottom one, rounded tip and serated for cutting myself away in the event I am being dragged and or what ever reason I want to be cut from my wing.

They are relatively inexpensive.

Like minds.
    It will be a good companion Addy. :bigthumb:

I have the sharp tip, serrated version...very very sharp and holds their edge seemingly forever.

Quote Originally Posted by gstrand
    The CRKT Bear Claw is a good cost effective claw - it was inspired by Fred Perrin's designs. Perrin is a french tool designer who is in to street survival... A little about him here: http://www.donrearic.com/perrin.html

The basic La Griffe is currently produced by Emerson Knives - I have worn one for a couple years now. It's a great utility blade in addition to the SD function, and is concealable in many ways. (more here: http://www.donrearic.com/emersonlagriffe.html)

Adam, for your kite use, they used to produce a "whitewater" version that was serrated and with a blunt tip. The CRKT version will undoubtedly be more fiscally responsible. :)

This is what mine looked like new... (looks better, or worse depending on your perspective, now... :))

That's pretty cool...I like its basic look. My only reservation would be the seemingly uncomfortable grip? The BC has a swelled butt which fits quite comfortable in the palm of your hand.

Getting closer to making a decision.

I like the RC-3 and I like the Izula too.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.