Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Blades

Re: Blades

That's nice work.

I don't think I've heard of him. There are lots of less known makers doing some fine work.

Gentlemen, I bought a Buck Woodsman.

I thought long and hard.

I looked at many knives and I looked back at my life and the Buck I had as a kid did the trick.

I have that happy face, a good feeling about this knife.

I did good.

Money was no issue, I had a $150 budget, the Woodsman was less than $50.

[attachment=0:1f70e2up]Buck_Woodsman.jpg[/attachment:1f70e2up]
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Sweet. There is a lot to be said for nostalgia... And a tried and true tool!

The 102 Woodsman is a good knife and will serve you well.I wish I still had the one I bought at the Ft.Campbell PX in 1988.It was laid down on a rock on a creek called Fish Camp Prong in the Great Smoky Mtns in 1992 after gutting a 10 inch brown trout and never seen by me again.It is one of two knives I have ever lost,the other being a Victorinox Climber that fell out of a crappy sheath bought at Ranger Joes in Columbus Geargia and hit the ground somewhere in the Sinai peninsula while serving on a peacekeeping mission while a Rakkasan.

I was just at the "Calvary" store just outside at Gate 4 or somewhere like that.

I have a relative that is there in the Army.

...and it is a very cool knife indeed.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Very cool Adam. I have a pathfinder 105 which is the next size up. Its my favorite hunting knife for whitetails. I have tried others, but keep coming back to the 105.

I also just bought some of the micarta scales for my izula, really add to the coolness of the knife. Well worth the $16

Yep,US Cavalry right across the street from gate 4.In 2003 while wiring a new super wal mart in Radcliffe Ky I went to the US Cav's headquarters store near Ft Knox,sure brought back some memories.

I like these...it just the wait that sucks,,,,

http://www.randallknives.com/

PT/TB

Crikey you guys live in a different world to us!!

We can only carry a blade of under 3 inches in length and you have to be going about some form of activity that requires it or you could land yourself in trouble with the law.

So I can take my Leatherman Skeletool fishing but by law nowhere else, not that I need to to be honest. Still, it does the job nicely when fishing and the partially serrated blade goes beautifully through a thumb and thumbnail... :oops:

Ben

adam-sweet knife. bucks are such classics.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.