I'm becoming partial to the tanto style blade. KaBar makes a nice tanto, actually they make a few tanto style blades. I'll think about it for a while, sleep on it but after some careful consideration, the tanto may be the way to go.

When I am hiking, it will be primarily point a to b, getting there with some stops for fishing prime spots. The overnight will be a minimal campist. I am carrying ultralight gear. Tarp style with a bug screen. A fire will be a great thing for me and I know I can get great service out of the tanto blade vs. Izula. I'm not looking for a hatchet and I know how to make a fire without chopping wood. The Izula is a blade, for cutting but will do service work well. The tanto style blade is, I believe, more servicable, light chopping and such. Because I am ultralight in the woods, the Izula fits more the bill what I want though. I want light and I only want to have a knife, I don't need a skeletool or a light hatchet.

When I think about it, the Izula fits the bill almost to the t but I really like tanto style blades.

I think it's a matter of having a knife along for cutting that is light and the Izula does that and is reviewed well.

Decisions decisions...