Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blades

Hybrid View

Blades

I have to start this topic, as I have a thing for sharp things. Moreso even than sticks or string holders... I can have a knife or three on me 90% of the time, unlike a fly rod.

I have a few favorites, and have had many more... This is most of the current pocket rotation, but there are of course others in the stable. These are all "true" lefty versions. Chris Reeve, Strider and Emerson...

Care to share any of your favorites?

I realize this thread is a few years old...but it is new to me.
    I really like the Gerber Obsidian with the serrated blade. at close to 5 oz it is a bit heavy, but for a day to day pocket knife it has been very reliable.

ken over at grassart made me a small damascus drop point. It is sweet. I'll get a photo up.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Some good folks in the country of my ancestors hooked me up this week in an incredible gesture... The knife and a wardrobe... They even sent Fallkniven band-aids!

Beautiful knife you got there Gus,I have always admired those Fallknivens even though I never knew how to pronounce it until a recent thread over at Bladeforums.com where the owners of the company posted.

I have recently got to know and admire a guy named Ethan Becker and can recommed Becker Knife and Tool knives which are made by Kabar in thier Olean,NY factory.They are made from 1095crovan steel and are backed by one of the best warranties in the business.I also have an ESEE 3 and an ESEE 4 and they are made in Idaho by Sean Rowen of straight 1095 and are very good knives with an unconditional warranty.

Examples of Randalls top knife is Model Trout and Bird Francis Gary Powers had one when shot down over USSR in 1960

Examples of Beckers

Quote Originally Posted by hootie View Post
    Examples of Randalls top knife is Model Trout and Bird Francis Gary Powers had one when shot down over USSR in 1960

Examples of Beckers

Hootie, sweet quiver.

Which one did Gary have with him?

Did you make that button lanyard?

Me likey.

Cool Beckers and Randalls!

Awesome I'm still headed for a E S Junglas, badass tool. It will go well with my pursuit.

Gus, I love that blade, it is sweet.

Just a great grind on it.

This and the "Shooters" thread have my interest.

Spring has sprung, I'm waking up.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Awesome I'm still headed for a E S Junglas, badass tool. It will go well with my pursuit.

Gus, I love that blade, it is sweet.

Just a great grind on it.
    The Swedes know how to do a bushcraft scandi grind for sure. It's a no nonsense blade and I really like the utility. It might be the perfect camp/outdoor/utility knife.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.