Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there one you search for?

Re: Is there one you search for?

Saw that! It's sweet for sure. I'm not looking at the moment but it's way cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    I did search for a Ari Hart Remco for a while. I ended up finding one in Germany last year. It really is a work of art.
    That is just beautiful..... That's the reel that's on my wish list.
    I fish a Traun on my cane but it's a Remco I'd really like.

i regret selling mt old hardy featherweight and my old original orvis battenkill click reel. but I made money on both of them when I sold them. I also want to get a couple of Ross Colorados (I think that's the name. The old click reels they had.)

For most of my small streaming I am well fixed with two wee marquis ,had them 20 or more years ,just good solid work horses,as a back up there is a 3" youngs unventilated which looks good on my Cheapo 6.6 cane.
    Please dont start me on salmonreels,therin lies madness and great cost even at the bottom end of the market :? :?

mikeytwoshoes

I've got to admit I've long coveted a bougle myself. perfect too. though I've reached the tackle saturation point and doubt I'll be buying any new tackle in the foreseeable future. I'm pretty well set. well hell I just realized I want a green galvan reel too. they look mighty fine on a bamboo rod.

I guess I have all the stuff I need, but I΄ve always wanted an old 3 1/8'' Perfect. You know, one with that beautiful worn look that is so sophiticated-lly named "patina"... That distinct "RRRrrrrrRR" that makes every decent fisherman turn their head when hearing it and with the ivory handle...

Yep!

I like the Hardy Flyweight as a tiny small stream reel. My first one was some thirty years ago mounted on a Winston 6' 2 weight glass rod.

Oddly (or not) I have one of the new Hardy 6' 2 weights with a Flyweight mounted.

Things don't really change at all....

Egg

I have a bunch of old CFOs with an accompanying bunch of extra spools.
    They just sound great. Recently picked up an English Hardy Flyweight and use it on my 1wt.
    Not too much else to search for, except maybe more old CFOs.
    ~ZM

Alevin

I'm always seeking unusual old Dingleys. As some of you may know, I'm almost through writing the first book on his reels. I used to have huge numbers of them, but have been slowly paring them down. Some of the small Uniqua-style are sweet, often coming w/ a lovely click.

Will, the red agates for some reason leave me cold. I've owned a couple red agate Perfects, but ultimately I viewed them as curiosities, & let them go...

Other reels? Spey Company makes some magnificent Spey reels, and is about to come out w/ a small trout line. If you're not familiar with these, well worth a look. http://thespeycompany.blogspot.com/

And oddly, I remain enamored of many of the Tibor reels. They're magnificent tools. And in time they'll become avidly collected.

pmcroberts

One of my favorite reels is the discontinued Ross Vision reels. I have a couple "Ones" but would like to add a couple "Twos" I thought I paid a lot for mine but I see them listed now for 4-5 hundred!!! Spare spools are about $250!! Thats a whole reel maybe two!!

I do kick myself in the ass for not picking up the Winston Perfects a few years back. The local sport shop had about a dozen of them with spare spools. They got some sort of close out deal and were selling them for $300 (Reel and spare spool) My wife went down to get one as a present for me, and the guy in the shop said,"No you don't want those noisy clunky things!! Your husband will hate it!!!" The bastard made her feel ashamed for wanting to buy me one so she left without it!!! Geeeez!! At least her heart was in the right place!!

Paul McRoberts

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.