Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome

Welcoma back and anew

Have been lurking Smallstreams in the past. Good to have it back, as I have enjoyed seeing others small streams, as well as their ties. My passion is tying and my relaxation are small streams. Thank you again for coming back.

Re: Welcome

Welcome back Small Streams! So glad this fantastic site is back. Already looking forward to reading your reports and photos.

I'm glad to see this site back. I had just found the old one and ready to join up when the infestation occurred!! I didn't really get a chance to see everything on the old site but what I did see was definitely my sort of thing. I look forward to drooling over all the fabulous streams you guys fish, from around the world :D

Just a question though so that I don't tread on toes or annoy people. Is this forum mainly a sort of story telling / show off your beautiful steams or can we ask questions too? I'm fairly new to this stream fishing lark but am fairly confident in what I am doing as I'm not new to fly fishing but in my thirsty quest for more and more knowledge I do usually have a few questions. :roll:

Many thanks

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by tkd7
    I'm glad to see this site back. I had just found the old one and ready to join up when the infestation occurred!! I didn't really get a chance to see everything on the old site but what I did see was definitely my sort of thing. I look forward to drooling over all the fabulous streams you guys fish, from around the world :D

Just a question though so that I don't tread on toes or annoy people. Is this forum mainly a sort of story telling / show off your beautiful steams or can we ask questions too? I'm fairly new to this stream fishing lark but am fairly confident in what I am doing as I'm not new to fly fishing but in my thirsty quest for more and more knowledge I do usually have a few questions. :roll:

Many thanks

Gary

This has me thinking a little, sort of story telling/ show off the streams. Never ever thought of it that way. I do post photo,s & reports of such, but always look foward to others, who post photo,s ect, that i for one drool over. When you have a small base like this, with people who has a passion for what they do & where fishing is a way of life, then its always going to be a special place.
    Like most subjects in life, if you ask serious Questions, you,ll get a lot of info back, to help you on your way, to become a better stream hunter. I for one, post , then fall back into the shadows, of the forum, for a while. That is why i like this place & respect it.
    But if i can help, i will, so in my eyes you you have to do is ask.

Stories, photographs, what ever you want...

I prefer stories and made the sight for people who wanted to share their stories, get tips, that sort of thing. I started a bamboo fly rod story contest where the winner of a year long story contest won a custom bamboo fly rod. We did that for many years. I am not a bamboo fly rod maker myself and I may start up the story contest again...

But since you are asking, I really like the stories of your favorite haunts.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Nice...It's been a while but never too far away. I've been here and all over yet still connected with the common addiction of fly fishing.

The fire is still lit and the warmth from it connects us all. Good times ahead.

Where's Ivy? Wish I knew where he ended up.

Chef

I'm glad to see this site online again. I've missed this place.
    I don't fish small streams too often, but I love the fishing reports by other members.
    However, there are several streams nearby me that I'm going to explore next summer.
    Streams like this:

-Pekka

Quote Originally Posted by Chef
    Nice...It's been a while but never too far away. I've been here and all over yet still connected with the common addiction of fly fishing.

The fire is still lit and the warmth from it connects us all. Good times ahead.

Where's Ivy? Wish I knew where he ended up.

Chef
    Yeah, he's back.

Good to see you.

Hi Guy's, thanks for the new format of the forum : Small Streams! I love fishing small streams and talking to like minded people, also listening; and reading about the exploits of others with the same passion for fishing with a fly rod on Rivers and small streams! Thanks for accepting me as a "Small Streams Forum Member"

Mostyn

Adam: You don't know me; but, you helped me when i followed your small streams as I was trying to figure out fly fishing. It is ironic, that when I just learned of Tenkara, I thought first of you. You made fly fishing very simple; i.e., the few things hung around your string of old fly line, a few flies like the Adams in a simple box. Thanks for your outlook. It helped me.
    I am starting to get those messages again, here is the last one.

Nice to know you are appreciated and the work you do does not go unnoticed.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.