Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome

smallstreams.com plankowner jeepster's Avatar

Re: Welcome

Hey everybody. Glad to see smallstreams is back online. I hope to read about how many fish everyone caught with all that extra time off the computer. As for me I have been hitting up the bigger water with the exception of fishing with adam and mikey one weekend on some pretty skinny water in the wht mtns of az. And I do mean skinny.

jeepster

Its good to see this site up and running again. I definitely missed this place the last few months. I invited a couple other guys over from the old site, hopefully they will re-register soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster
    As for me I have been hitting up the bigger water with the exception of fishing with adam and mikey one weekend on some pretty skinny water in the wht mtns of az. And I do mean skinny.
    Hey, that was a whole lot of fun. I'm glad we got to share a little time together.

I'm thinking of a meet up at the third meadow of our bridge stream. I have a huge tarp and some other goodies I'll hike in. Do you think you could backpack your stuff for one overnight up there? I think that would be a whole lot of fun. We can draw a fire after an afternoon of fishing, break camp and fish down back to the cars...

You know third meadow isn't that too big of a deal if you hike straight to it.

Say next September?

Anyway, good to see you here.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Hey Gus... I've missed this site for the best part of last season (closed on 20th October...). It was always a magical resource with a cool atmosphere.
    So, welcome back and really looking forward to seeing things evolve.

Best,
    Andy Baird

I have said it in another post, but will say it again.

I AM GLAD TO BE HOME! I cut my internet teeth on smallstreams and mourned it's loss. Thanks Gus and Adam for getting it up and running again. I have been given a new lease on life. Jax. aka Onecast.

smallstreams.com plankowner jeepster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adam

I'm thinking of a meet up at the third meadow of our bridge stream. I have a huge tarp and some other goodies I'll hike in. Do you think you could backpack your stuff for one overnight up there? I think that would be a whole lot of fun. We can draw a fire after an afternoon of fishing, break camp and fish down back to the cars...

You know third meadow isn't that too big of a deal if you hike straight to it.

Say next September?

Anyway, good to see you here.
    Next sept? That’s a little ways away but I doubt I’ll be backpacking anything that far anymore. Getting old sucks.
    jeepster

mikeytwoshoes

it's good to see smallstreams back up and running. thanks gus.

question though...every time I check in here, I've got to login in. why's that?
    and can we get some new post light indicators on the index page?

thanks again and I apologize for nit picking.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeytwoshoes
    question though...every time I check in here, I've got to login in. why's that?
    I have the same problem

New post topics show up red but I'll look at other themes... Am out of town but will also work on the logins... In a day or two when I get back (on my iPod at the moment...) It's a cookie thing...

Hello everyone,

Thank you for allowing me to join...I spent quite a bit of time at work reading the last version of smallstreams as a guest before the spambot invasion and I'm glad to see it's been resurrected.

I'm originally from Michigan but have lived in western Massachusetts for 10 of the last 11 years and I've been fly fishing for about 4 years and I started tying my own flies last winter. I average one broken rod per year so I tend to buy cheap equipment and I mostly like fishing a 3wt on small streams. Massachusetts doesn't really do much to manage it's fisheries but there are some nice stocked small streams and I've found a few unstocked streams that have decent populations of native brookies, and because they're unstocked I never see anyone else fishing them and that's fine by me. It's nice to have an open season all year though, I've had a couple of nice Christmas day trout. Once the lakes freeze over though I like to go ice fishing so I can get outside and keep from going crazy...grew up ice fishing for pike at an aunt & uncle's cottage in the northern lower peninsula but I mostly have to settle for bass and pickerel through the ice out here.

I probably won't post much as I don't have a digital camera, but I love seeing the places everyone else fishes, the fish they catch, and the flies they use. Helps me make it through the boring days at work. My brother is a pretty dedicated hunter though, and last year got a turkey & a deer so depending on what he gets this year I might be interested in trading some tying materials.

Thanks again for letting me join,
    Casey

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.