Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome

Re: Welcome

Gus & Adam,

I, as with the others, am honored to have been invited to join here. I'm not always that active, I'll certainly add my input when I can!!

pmcroberts

All,

Thanks for inviting me to come aboard!! I did all the registration stuff a couple days ago, but have been busy getting ready for my rod building/fishing trip!! I am heading up North to Dunsmuir for 2.5 weeks. I will catch up with all of you when I get back. Thanks again for the invite!!! Let the fun begin!!

Paul

Titles are important to me Gerard's Avatar

Man this is cool. SS was my first actively visited board and I have fond memories of it. It was arguably the first active all FF board on the net and quickly became a "meeting place" for likeminded souls across the globe. Each time I visited I read about the experiences of others, which in a way made those "50 places to fish before you die" type books absolute. I really look forward to the new chapter.

Thanks Gus and Adam for bringing this one back to life. :D
    G
    "The fishing was so good I thought I was there yesterday."

I'm in Disneyland so this will be short.

smallstreams.com is one of the oldest sites on fly fishing, on the internet. I know some of you know this, I've been reading about your adventures as I write mine over the years.

I couldn't stand to see the place go...

Gus is bringing it back to life.

It will have all the same elements.

I believe we are going to try to work it by word of mouth, no restricted access code, just word of mouth to find it. There are a couple of other pieces that need to be in place, but we do have the foundation to build upon and this train is already headed out of the station and on down the track.

The memberlist, gus and I will be working on, please help us to work on it as well.

Soon enough, I will have my first story for the site, that's what I am looking to get back to.

Keep a weather eye on the place, let us know.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Ride the Pirates for me! And Tower of Terror! Certified Disneyholic here... (http://www.gusstrandphoto.com/Travel/Disney-Details/)

On the word of mouth: Share this place like you would share your most precious water. Be prudent, especially early on.

I have a robots dot txt file and a few other contingencies protecting us from search engines for now. Hopefully that will help fly beneath the interweb radar until we decide otherwise.

Thank you for the invitation. I learned to fly fish on a small stream that I'm sure most anglers two counties over never fished and two states over never heard of. Then a famous writer (at least as famous as fishing writers ever get) moved to its banks and what's worse, started writing about it. Now everyone knows about it. There's even a fly pattern named after it. Don't know if nothing's sacred, but certainly nothing's secret. I've long since moved away, so I suppose it shouldn't bother me, but somehow it still does.

I now live in the heart of urban America, but have found the joys of suburban trout and happily fish small streams that most anglers drive past to get to more famous waters. May they continue to do so!

This is an old site.

It changed hands and got broke.

We are fixing it.

The site is based on the love of out of the way places by anglers who are not interested in naming names or telling just anyone where to go. Secret streams are secret for a reason.

But it's good to see you here and you will see how we do this as soon as the place goes live.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Pentalux

To start and to close every fishing season I find myself standing in a river no more than 10 to 15 ft wide..... Thanks for the invite.

Rob

This place is no longer experimental. Nick allowed me the keys and the pink slip, smallstreams.com lives again. I'm grateful to him.

There will be very few "announcements" aside from a couple of places near to the soul of this place - but feel free to tell people you believe would fit in here.

Word of mouth.

Glad to return to a new beginning. I, too, miss the "vintage" smallstreams, and look forward to this site becoming something like.
    -CC

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.