Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome

Welcome

Welcome to a new beginning.

When I first came across it, smallstreams was a personal website about fishing small, overlooked and magical water, something I've loved most of my life in preference to large rivers, lakes and seas. It was the personal website and brain child of Adam Trahan over a decade ago. What started out as a personal blog site before we knew what blogs were grew in to a niche forum over the years, and morphed, changed hands a time or two, and finally, due to complications of spambots invading the site, disappeared.

This site is the resurrection of smallstreams. It is not an archive, but a new beginning based on a common love for open-minded fishing of small waters... to the seas, and everywhere in between. We hope to rekindle the love, energy, camaraderie and community of bygone days here, but know that this is entirely up to you, the community and participants.

Welcome to the stream. Step in and join us.

-Gus

Re: Welcome

Wow, that was honorable.

I had a team help me get things moving.

Brooks - Ivan (lost) - Gerard - Chef - Adam - Ted

Ted stopped helping us, Gus took over. The rest of the guys are still out there except maybe Ivan who is lost...

I'm going to go get those guys and try to capture a little bit of what we used to do. More importantly, I'm going to try to funnel cool people back here that made the site what it was.

I'll leave it at that.

You can't go home, but you can go fishing.

I think it will be a very cool thing to get back to the forumula that we started, more than a decade ago.

You can't kill a good idea although ahh, nevermind.

Thanks Gus, you are a good man.
    Japan: Tsuttenkai, Jolly Fishers, member since 2010

Thanks for the invitation Gents. Quite honored here I must say. Don´t know how much I can contribute but I will certainly check in here on a regular basis. Small streams were the way I got into fishing in the first place and I often look back.

Yours truly

I'm glad you are here, exactly the type of participant I'm looking for.

This is a story place, a little different.

You will see.

Nice, thanks for the invite. I miss the old small streams before it became what it did. Enough said about that. Looking forward to hanging with the cool people. :)
    jeff evans

Yup, let it go, not worth it.

And I'm glad you are here. We will build this place word of mouth.

i am looking forward to the ride,thanks for the invite,steve

Yep, I echo the same sentiment.In other words, thanks for the invite.Smallstreams were where I got my start trout fishing and my preference still today.I'm looking forward to this new adventure.And the fact that I get to start the journey with a handful of people that I consider friends even though I've not met a one of you in person.Doesn't matter,it's easy to tell a kindred spirit by their enthusiasm in sharing the likes that we all have i.e. a love of fly fishing,small streams,bamboo rods( both making and using) and sharing all of the above with likeminded mates.
    This should prove to be fun.
    Will

SnooKen

I also started out on small waters. It took many years for me to learn that the only way to fish big waters is to break them back down into compact and unique units and fish each section like all its surroundings were dry land. For myself fishing is a way of hunting without having to kill the quarry blended with reconnecting to what is truly real in this world. Small waters make the immersion that much more intimate and interconnected. Small waters reduce our pace to fit their scale. They focus our attention. They calm our souls.

This is going to be a good place.......Thank you for including me....

Ken Welch

PS; I am honored that you even included an emoticon of me. :ugeek:

Yeah! I am going offshore tomorrow and might have a good report. Sorry no pictures will be available, the wife is in Samoa helping with tsunami relief, and she has the under water camers. Wish me luck, Mems.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.