PDA

View Full Version : Four years...

Adz
04-30-2018, 03:15 PM
...since Lake had an update, so I figured I'd change that.

I've been away from fishing for years and years, partly running a new start business in the teeth of a global recession, partly a decade of being a father to first one and now two young kids. My eldest has, from seemingly nowhere other than a few oblique references to the years when I used to fish before he was born and rummaging through some of my old fishing tackle, developed an abiding desire to go fishing and an uncharacteristic desire to catch, kill and eat a fish.

So we went here:

It's hard to argue with the scenery and I'm going to apologise for how poor a job of capturing it a phone camera does, despite the best software Google photo's can throw at it to rectify the shortfall.

A shipman's buzzer, tied a decade ago from some dyed black seals fur and some left over polypropylene yarn, proved a winner for the first time and we got Tom his fish. When I asked him what he'd enjoyed the most about his evening fishing, his reply of "being out with you Dad" made it a little hard to reply for a while, as I'm sure some of you can relate to.

Back with a rod and line in my hand after a decade or so - tight lines all.

ksbioteacher
05-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Thumbs Up.

grayling
02-28-2019, 07:22 AM
Ya i've been thinking about fishing too