PDA

View Full Version : little creek

kipper
08-02-2014, 10:50 AM

It is a little stream at over 10,000’ elevation in the Rocky Mountains. The little creek drains a wide valley near a road. The creek is loaded with brookies that are willing to bite, if you are careful and maybe a little sneaky. My son in law and I recently spent an hour chasing the fish in this little brook

The creek is 2-4’ wide with over grown grass banks. You have to stay back from the creek if you want to keep from spooking the fish. Just about any dry fly will work, but I always go with a Royal Wulff.

The fish are aggressive and well colored. They also have mouths full of teeth and will chew a fly up in a heart beat. Still it is worth the effort.

spod
08-05-2014, 03:09 AM
Lovely brook trout and country. Here in Australia, brook trout didn't thrive, unlike browns and rainbows. Pity, as they are such a pretty fish. Most of my fishing is on tiny creeks near my home, that are heavily overgrown but full of wild brown and rainbow trout but no brookies. What size fly outfit did you use on that little brook? I mostly use a 6'6" 3/4wt outfit in my creek fishing.
Cheers,
Steve.

ofuros
08-05-2014, 05:53 PM
A trickle of a stream hiding some wonderfully pretty jewels.