PDA

View Full Version : San Felipe, Baja CA.

Trucha
05-21-2014, 01:42 PM
We have had thoughts about celebrating out 20 year anniversary in San Felipe. Of course, I will take my fly fishing stuff with me as well as conventional gear. I am inquiring if anyone has ever been there or fly fished the area. Thanks in advance.

mems
05-21-2014, 04:40 PM
Aloha, I have not fished that area, but I am going to La Paz area in two weeks. We fish for mahi and roosters from a panga. the bait this year is very scarce, sardinas, but there are still plenty of predators to give you a pull. Good luck and post some pictures when you return. mems

Trucha
05-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Hola,

I was in La Paz years ago as a student/tutor for a Spanish summer course. Back then I couldn't afford a panga although I was tempted to bring equipment down with me. I barely had enough to feed myself and seduce the divorcee in the group. Our hotel was Los Arcos and sat across from the beach. I had a blast.

As far as San Felipe, I have gleaned the internet and found out some information on fishing the area. I will take both conventional tackle and my saltwater fly gear and I will get a panga for a day or two. Anyway, good luck in La Paz. Thomas.