PDA

View Full Version : Finally did it!

adam
12-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Smallstreams.com was started out of my love of fly fishing small streams but the drive was to promote the regular guy out there fishing small streams. I wanted his story not some rich guy driven advertisement scheme in magazines.

I really don't like magazines.

Many of us from the site went on to write books (and edit magazines) and photographers and all sorts of guys, some very important but humble and real.

But I still did not like magazines, the crap in there just isn't real, your story is.

A few years ago, I switched to Tenkara, Japanese style fly fishing and I have not looked back. Daniel Galhardo sold me my first Tenkara rod and I started a web site on Tenkara, very much like this one with the help of Gus. I followed my passion and continue to do so. I planed a trip to Japan and counted off the days, meet Satoshi where he took me fishing, he fly fishing and me, Tenkara. We ended up fishing the Itoshiro river and me getting instruction from Masami Sakakibara.

Long story shortened...

I was asked to write for a magazine along with others from our community to create the first Tenkara Magazine (http://www.tenkarausa.com/product_info.php/products_id/166).

And now it has been published.

And this is only the first announcement, I have another coming up that I am even more stoked about.

Super happy.

ksbioteacher
12-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Good on you, Adam. I'll have to check into it. edit---it is on its way.

adam
12-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Right on!

I interviewed (with Satoshi's help) Hisao Ishigaki and Masami Sakakibara as well as a Re-Rise lodge destination report.

Let me know how it looks, I haven't gotten my copies yet.

gusstrand
12-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Very cool. Glad for you!

ofuros
12-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Good for you, Adam...now I'll have to check it out. :D

.....via tapatalk.

Craigthor
12-18-2013, 12:44 AM
I see you are still over here as well Adam, amazing how much a like the 2 forums look.

gusstrand
12-18-2013, 12:27 PM
LOL... they look similar because some geek decided to use the vBulletin software a few years ago for smallstreams and helps Adam out occasionally... :)

Craigthor
12-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Geeks are always good to know.

gusstrand
12-19-2013, 12:44 AM
Naah, we're mostly boring... LOL.

Ernest
12-19-2013, 05:56 AM
Very cool, Adam.

Satoshi
12-20-2013, 06:41 AM
Finally.
Congratulations, Adam!

adam
12-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Your copy is on its way to me, I will mail it to you.

You are credited within.

Know that I know I could not have done it without you.

adam
12-21-2013, 06:23 PM
I see you are still over here as well Adam, amazing how much a like the 2 forums look.

All Gus.

Without him, it would not have gotten done.

I am here because Gus does a really good job.

Best fishing Internet destination by far.